Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have'nt posted in a long time,but had to post this! Got this picture a couple weeks ago there are 4 hens and 30 poults in the pic! The most poults I have ever seen! I couldnt get all of them in the picture because there is a small hill to the left that they were behind.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep unfortunately

·
Biology nit wit exposer
81,122 Posts
Its heart warming isn't it. Wish it was more prominent.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea it was an awesome sight to see!

·
Vendor
64,802 Posts

·
Vendor
64,802 Posts
I have'nt posted in a long time,but had to post this! Got this picture a couple weeks ago there are 4 hens and 30 poults in the pic! The most poults I have ever seen! I couldnt get all of them in the picture because there is a small hill to the left that they were behind. View attachment 222062
What county?

·
King of Callaway
42,622 Posts
Awesome, I have five in the back yard food plot that I can never get a poult count, need them to get taller to see in the wheat.

Reactions: whtlhntr

·
Under appreciated
88,056 Posts
manicured turf is the key to brooding habitat I guess.

Reactions: whtlhntr

·
Vendor
64,802 Posts
Not really. Used to be common see 10-12 broods that size or more a summer. Every summer. Year after year.
Talked to a guy from MDC that had 4 broods that size on his 30 acres. But its well managed habitat specifically for brooding.

Its always been that way.
Screenshot_20210713-165103.jpg

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
And there is that chart again.

Used to be common. Period.

Repeatable observations Hawk. Didn’t need some research geek to tell me “it should be this”. God damn real life OBSERVATION.

·
Vendor
64,802 Posts
And there is that chart again.

Used to be common. Period.

Repeatable observations Hawk. Didn’t need some research geek to tell me “it should be this”. God damn real life OBSERVATION.
It still is common.

Fix the poult habitat. We dont have a nest success issue.

·
Vendor
64,802 Posts
manicured turf is the key to brooding habitat I guess.
After about 4 weeks anything is suitable. Not ideal, but suitable

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Reactions: Hawk

·
Registered
21,210 Posts
I can't see all the posts based on my current settings, but someone must have asked what county so they can include it in their poult count. Padding the poult count may help sway MDC to allow all day hunting. o_O

·
Biology nit wit exposer
81,122 Posts
I can't see all the posts based on my current settings, but someone must have asked what county so they can include it in their poult count. Padding the poult count may help sway MDC to allow all day hunting. o_O
Surely you aren't suggesting someone would do that with poult sightings and not all of the poultless hen sightings. 🤣

·
Vendor
64,802 Posts
If someone were going to pad their poult count why would the county matter?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts