Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was hunting last night down in Jefferson Co and was looking into the woods from my stand and noticed what I though was a big rub. Got down after dark and walked up to it and its about 7 feet tall. The bottom looks like something ate it with big chunks of bark. What made this? Or is it some kind of tree disease or what?
[file]83913[/file]

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,166 Posts
From that pic, looks like decay maybe. Could be ants & the woodpeckers are working the tree after the ants. Those are guesses, I have no clue based on those pics.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
[rquote=1507575&tid=105137&author=greenheadsmoker613]come on pinwheel that is the obvious markings of a mountain lion and/or a black bear :D[/rquote]

this isnt the playhouse the gentleman asked a serious question andi agree with pinn its hard to tell from the pics

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
[rquote=1507586&tid=105137&author=greenheadsmoker613]I know its not the playhouse remember im the one that got it closed down :cheers::eek::[/rquote]

yea i remember, you must be so proud of yourself :lame:

G

·
Sure am havent seen you around there lately sure thought you would be all over it for someone so active in the playhouse and how upset you were at me for getting it "shutdown" :boohoo::smiley:

·
Preferred pronoun-Stud Muffin
10,646 Posts
PW's right, I think. The wood on the ground looks punky. Most any critter that uses tree hollows will work on them, I think.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
[rquote=1507599&tid=105137&author=greenheadsmoker613]Sure am havent seen you around there lately sure thought you would be all over it for someone so active in the playhouse and how upset you were at me for getting it "shutdown" :boohoo::smiley:[/rquote]

been busy hunting instead of just whinning :whinging::whinging:

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,166 Posts
[rquote=1507620&tid=105137&author=greenheadsmoker613]I know how taxing goat hunting is on ones body :hysterical:[/rquote]

You 2 gonna keep goading & bragging till I gotta moderate you in this thread, or are you going to get :smiley:?:rof2::rof2:

[Edited on 12-12-2009 by pinwheel]

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
[rquote=1507574&tid=105137&author=pinwheel]From that pic, looks like decay maybe. Could be ants & the woodpeckers are working the tree after the ants. Those are guesses, I have no clue based on those pics.[/rquote]

I would guess woodpeckers as well but that is just a guess based on all the trash at the bottom of the tree

·
Registered
69,939 Posts
[rquote=1507630&tid=105137&author=greenheadsmoker613]Gotta earn your check around here pinny :rof2: maybe mrb will give you a raise :D[/rquote]

Hey Greengrasshopper....if anybody gets a raise us new guys should be the ones first after our 90 days probation is up.....just say'n

:smiley:

I have seen that all through my forest. I think it is from the Oak Borer. Since the 70's thay have really took a tole on our Ozark forests.

·
Under appreciated
90,285 Posts
Be nice to see some closeups. I really dont have an answer either.

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,166 Posts
[rquote=1507650&tid=105137&author=Mailman][rquote=1507630&tid=105137&author=greenheadsmoker613]Gotta earn your check around here pinny :rof2: maybe mrb will give you a raise :D[/rquote]

Hey Greengrasshopper....if anybody gets a raise us new guys should be the ones first after our 90 days probation is up.....just say'n

[/rquote]

Heck Bill, I'll give ya some of mine. Mine salary has 6 zeros behing the first zero, how many of my zero's ya want?:rof2:

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
[rquote=1507655&tid=105137&author=pinwheel][rquote=1507650&tid=105137&author=Mailman][rquote=1507630&tid=105137&author=greenheadsmoker613]Gotta earn your check around here pinny :rof2: maybe mrb will give you a raise :D[/rquote]

[/rquote]

Heck Bill, I'll give ya some of mine. Mine salary has 6 zeros behing the first zero, how many of my zero's ya want?:rof2:[/rquote]

im going to put you mods in a corner if you dont get back to topic :scared:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.