Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.. quick question concerning some pelts. If I end up shooting a ****, coyote, fox, etc... what is the easist way to get it from field to a pelt to put on the wall? I don't have all of the skinning, fleching, etc. stuff.
Do I just take it to a taxidermist? - If so what's that run?

do I skin it, freeze it, and send it off? if so where?

thanks guys.. figured you would know. thanks again.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Tanning Unlimited
Hermitage, Mo.:cheers::wave:

Had them do me buffler hide a few years back!

[Edited on 12-8-2009 by FiremanBrad]

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
usafoxx.com

I had them do 2 bobcats this past year!:wave:

·
PURE KILLER
38,020 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
the places you guys mention require the hide to be off the animal and dried.If you can't find someone to do this for you you'll have to take it to a taxi shop.

·
PURE KILLER
38,020 Posts
well i went and took a quick look,they reguire you to ship your pelts frozen it their doing the fleshing.i could dig a little more,but i know last year they skin it for yah to for another price,plus i think if you paid them another ten bucks you would have if back in thirty days.but they made have quit that.but i have been sending people for years there and never had a bad report from them.got a couple of bobbies i need to send there myself:cheers:

Before sending your furs to USA FOXX & Furs, please read and understand the information below. Visit our fur tanning FAQ for prices and answers to our most common questions; if you still have questions, fill out the contact us form or give us a call at 218-722-7742.

* All pelts must be stretched & dried or salted & dried before shipping to USA FOXX & Furs, unless we're doing the fleshing
* All bobcat, lynx & otter must have CITIES tags or they will be returned at the owner's expense
* Government regulations require you to have a trapping or hunting license number with your pelts. If you purchased the pelts, please get this number from the pelt source

Frozen Shipping Tips

Rubbermaid bin for shipping frozen peltsIf you'd like to utilize the professional fleshing services of USA FOXX & Furs, please read and understand the information below.

* All pelts must be frozen
* Frozen pelts can only be shipped to USA FOXX & Furs on Monday or Tuesday
* You must ship frozen pelts Fed-Ex 2-Day or UPS 2-Day unless you live in one of these states: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio or South Dakota
* If you live in one of the states listed above, standard UPS, Fed-Ex or Priority Mail will be OK
* A Rubbermaid storage bin is recommended
* Use plenty of newspaper and enclose your pelts in a paper bag, not plastic
* Please include your name, address, phone number, pelt license or CITIES tag numbers and a packing list inside the bin (preferably in a Ziplock bag)
* Download our 2007 Orde

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
[rquote=1503191&tid=104869&author=bigjohn]the places you guys mention require the hide to be off the animal and dried.If you can't find someone to do this for you you'll have to take it to a taxi shop.[/rquote]

Nope....Like Yote said, you can send USAFOXX your hides still green, just frozen.

Tanning Unlimited is the same way, you can take them the whole critter even. I took my Buffler hide in there, unfleshed and frozen.:cheers::wave:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts