Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the going price for a great quailty taxidermist to do a sholder mount on a whitetail. Not some discount guy but a professional shop?

·
Registered
70,598 Posts
:hysterical: Seriously....The wife and I have had an agreement for the past 12 years. You see...I receive a disability check from the Army from wounds I received while in Viet Nam in 1969. It doesn't amount to a whole lot. $112 a month. Since I have the disability it is my money to do what ever I want. Sooooo......I buy guns and stuff with it. Of course she gets to use OUR money to buy herself HER stuff. But she is worth it by a long shot. Besides, there aren't to many gals out there that would put up with the BS that I throw around. (that last sentence should cause some off topic posting fo sho)

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Serving in Vietnam and then working for the gov all thoughs years should allow you to through as much BS around as you please. We all apreciate your service to our country and are proud to say we can call you our friend!

·
Registered
70,598 Posts
Thanks guys. That means a lot. Haven't heard that much since I came back. I usually keep it hush hush....sort of embarrased since we lost that war. Damned Politicians Anyways. The one that we are in now is going to end the same way. Mark my word. I've said that since day one. :soapbox:

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
400+ for the guy I use in Columbia....like around 420,430....but worth every penny!!!

MM....YOU and yo BRUTHAS didn't lose it....it mighta been lost for ya, but you didn't lose it!!!!!!:cheers:

·
5,631 Posts
Originally posted by fireman_3311
MM....YOU and yo BRUTHAS didn't lose it....it mighta been lost for ya, but you didn't lose it!!!!!!:cheers:
True dat! Hey, did ya'll know that John Kerry served in Vietnam? I heard that the other day for the first time! :rotfl:

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Originally posted by jmmcguire
Originally posted by fireman_3311
True dat! Hey, did ya'll know that John Kerry served in Vietnam? I heard that the other day for the first time! :rotfl:
He shoulda been servin taters....LOL, but then, he'd prolly mess dat up too..hehehe

·
6,643 Posts
He served, got shot in the :moon: and got several commendations for it I think. Too bad! That was a big point for his side during the last election.

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
I would say for a GREAT quality taxidermist you're looking minimum $400 and possibly over $500 depending on what you want done.

·
5,631 Posts
Oneshot, that second buck is particularly N I C E!

·
Registered
70,598 Posts
Originally posted by Rebelcj7
Wheew pricey.. guess iffin i ever get nethang nice ill have to fork out the big bucks fo sho
I have one on my wall that has been there for 24 years and it still looks like it is still alive and ready to jump off the wall. If you get a good taxiderist to do the work the price won't feel so bad years down the road. Money well spent to freeze a memory forever. This pic is of an 8 pt that I took in 1982. Everytime I look at it I recall the hunt that morning. I was hunting a property line that had a 5 ft hog wire fence. I always hoped that a shooter wouldn't show up on the opposite side. It would take a lot of dragging to the gate. 9AM there he was 50 yards on the other side of the fence. Rats...I thought....but he was a nice even 8 pt. I fired and he bolted away from me and made a 100 yard circle and ran straight back toward my stand and jumped the fence and fell dead 15 feet from my tree. Bullet right through the heart. He saved me a lot of dragging. Seems like just last season that I took him.

[Edited on 11-8-2006 by Mailman]

Attachments

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.