Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
17,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What\'s For Christmas Dinner

Well with tomorrow being Christmas eve I thought I'd ask what your having for Christmas dinner?

We are having prime rib, fresh off the farm with all the fixing's in Kansas. Of course dinner will be served with wine for the ladies, and Maker's Mark and Crown Royal for the guys.

Missouri we are having Ham and all the fixing's. No wine or hard stuff, folks don't drink, but we wil;l have good times for sure:2thumbsup:

So what are you having for lunch or dinner for Christmas

·
Honey Badger Phat Sack
10,486 Posts
We cook on Thanksgiving and for Christmas usually get a smoked turkey breast and a Ham and some sides & dessert from Honey Baked Ham, good stuff....

This year we are not cooking and are trying the smoked turkey breast from Williams Bros meat market. They have some real good eats up there so we figured we would try their Christmas meal kit. We are not heading to Ky this year to see her kin so I'll miss out on the real homemade eats....

·
Registered
14,243 Posts
We have had it all. From Turkey to ham to prime rib. Then we started doing shrimp and crab. Asked the kids what they wanted to do this year and I guess on X-Mas eve we will be doing chips, dips, meatballs, etc. On Christmas Day I guss we are doing my world famous chicken strips and homemade french fries. If that is what they want I'll sure cookit.:cheers:

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I have no idea what we are having Chrismas day yet But we are having snacks Christmas eve. I made smoked spoonbill spread and venison balls. Da Mrs is making a vegi tray and develed eggs. Da MIL will make something and dats about it here. Oh did I mention BEER!

·
Registered
14,243 Posts
Amen to the beer.

·
17,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by DADAKOTA
We have had it all. From Turkey to ham to prime rib. Then we started doing shrimp and crab. Asked the kids what they wanted to do this year and I guess on X-Mas eve we will be doing chips, dips, meatballs, etc. On Christmas Day I guss we are doing my world famous chicken strips and homemade french fries. If that is what they want I'll sure cookit.:cheers:
:2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup:Sounds real good anything homemade is awsome:2thumbsup:and Beer:cheers:

·
tutoring the most interesting man in the world
2,717 Posts
at MIL, will probably be Windsor Loin (smoked pork chop) with homemade saurkraut and dumplings (not the fluffy bisquick stuff, the dense hand rolled kind)....when my FIL was alive he would always do a fish fry

Soup and sammiches at my mom's...

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
I'm going to smoke a great big Ole Whole ham !! My wife doesn't like ham that much,but eats it like crazy after I smoke it for about 12 hours !!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Taking the wife and boys to moms later. We're doing somethning a little different this year. Mom wanted to fix some big ole steaks and onion rings with Texas toast, whatever she fixs suits me, she is an excellent cook and I'll surely eat way to much of it.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Gonna get together with the family tonight and boil a big pot of Shrimp carrots and taters

Might even smack a beer or two while its cookin:cheers:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Dunno. I'm still making cookies :peepwall:

I'm not cooking tonight's or tomorrow's dinner.

We're having French toast and eggs benedict for breakfast Christmas morning.

And cookies!

·
King of Callaway
42,625 Posts
Mallard Breast wrapped in bacon stuffed with fresh jalopenos and cream cheese :dancin:

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
some turkey from kansas, mashed taters with gravy, and maybe a salad for christmas eve.

christmas day, mom's making a pork roast and lots of other stuff...

·
Confirmed Bachelor
10,482 Posts
Lasagna with the folks and not for sure on Christmas Day.

Momma always makes lasagna on Christmas Eve.

I've been VERY blessed with a mother that is an excellent cook.:eek::

1 - 17 of 17 Posts