Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
1,051 Posts
its different for me gun vs. bow. id still not try to take anything under 130" unless it was an inferior buck or one going downhill. Now with a gun id shoot a higher for sure.:D

·
Registered
70,470 Posts
For archery....anything bigger than I already have on my wall. For rifle....anything that will fit in my freezer. Muzzleloader....same as archery rules.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Welcome to MWT FullDraw!!!

I don't think I really have a # to put on what is/ or isn't a shooter buck. It's all up to the individual and the situation. I like to shoot large bucks like anyone else but I don't want to get distanced from the fact that it is still deer hunting and thats what I love. I respect all that set a # for themselves as well though.

Last season I shot a 131'' buck w/ archery equip. that meant more to me than some of my larger bucks. It all depends on the situation and what your after. My largest buck w/ a bow is 174'' and if I wait and keep trying to top that I'm afraid I'll be waiting a long time.

GOOD LUCK THIS SEASON!!!

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Originally posted by Mailman
For archery....anything bigger than I already have on my wall. For rifle....anything that will fit in my freezer. Muzzleloader....same as archery rules.
There ya go :eek:

·
Registered
21,425 Posts
....is what someone will be really happy with - for me @130" or better for archery and for gun @ 145 or better. And usually a doe or two along the way for the freezer.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Rebel :stickfight:

Be nice

·
just a no body
15,627 Posts
Originally posted by clansey
The last few years I shot 130 or better. This year I waiting for 140 or better. It's a building process. I hope to build myself into the 150 or better.
this was a 138..so anythng this size or bigger

[file]7594[/file]

·
Registered
453 Posts
I try to manage my little slice of heaven for mature deer. So I try and keep my harvest criteria of 4 1/2 year old deer which in my neck of the woulds equates to 130 inch plus deer. I actually enjoy the heck out of shooting my fair share of does, a buck is just icing on the cake.

·
5,632 Posts
I'll take anything 2 1/2 yrs old or older with my bow. I'm yet to get my first under my belt.

With my gun, I'm looking for 3 1/2 yr old or older.

I'll shoot does all day with either.

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
Bow = what ever walks in front of me with no spots(need that first one then I can get picky)

rifle =6 points or better (score is a score,where I hunt your lucky the locals didnt kill them when they were one)

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
judging deer on the hoof is difficult, had ground shrinkage come up
and bite me in the arse more that once.

stupid ground shinkage (said like homer):neuspeuter:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.