Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to the camera tonight to download a few pics before I leave for Texas tomorrow and it had 10 pics on it. I had my wife's Dell laptop with XP on it and it was having a hard time recognizing the USB connection. Well, it finally did. Not sure what I did different. SO I check out the pics. A few good pics of some does and a couple of some bucks. One good pic of a nice buck and an excellent pic of a beautiful doe. Problem is, after I viewed them, I disconnected the USB (only second time I have downloaded from this camera) and deleted the SD card on the camera via the camera controls. Got home and no pics!! I don't remember having to save them last time. It even made its own folder for them with the date as the folder name. I thought XP made a copy of it automatically. Does any of you computer geniuses know where I can look to find it?? I have tried everything. I know it was only 10 pics, but 2 of them were probably some of the best I have seen. The camera is a Wildview 2.0 or something like that. Any help would be great!!!

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
My bet would be that you chose to view them and not save them to the computer. I've almost made that mistake.
Then there is a box to check that deletes them when finished. Bet that was checked. All I could think of.
Hope I'm wrong and you find them though!

·
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think they are gone. Sucks too cause I think that was the best pic of a doe I have ever had on a cam. I sure don't remember having to save them the other day when I downloaded them the first time, I manually deleted them on the cam so I am screwed!! Oh well, I put out 25 lbs of salt and 25 lbs of cracked corn for them. Will check it next week when I get back from Texas.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Hey KC, I think your pics are gone, but try looking here:

My computer/Local Disk C:/Documents and Settings/Your User Name/Local Settings/Temp

The temp folder is where the CPU sticks my downloads when I upload from my camera, maybe you'll get lucky. Let me know if it works!

·
Registered
777 Posts
yep......what PMan said..I deleted a family pic off my camera that I didnt' have saved and in order to save my :***: I looked all over and finally found a free recovery program. Just have to have your card in a usb reader, plug it in to your laptop, download the program and run it. Worked really slick for me. Retrieved my picture perfectly! Here's the program I used.

http://www.artplus.hr/adapps/eng/dpr.htm

Its called ArtPlus and I think the link for the downoad is near the bottom of the page.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.