what would you guys do if you shot what might be the "world record 8"

Discussion in 'Whitetails General' started by MObuckman, Feb 26, 2006.

1. MObuckman

MObuckman Active Member

Nov 27, 2005
    Fenton
    Hard to say if I'd keep it on the down low or go public with my potential world record immediately? If I went public those horns would be in a vault somewhere though...

2. Bronco Brian

Bronco Brian New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Georgetown, MN
    First thing I would do is eat em!:)

3. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

I'm sure I'd go public about it, but security would be a huge concern.

I can just see the magazine article now;

Mag: Tell us the story of how you harvested this magnificent deer!

Me: I backed my scooter into a big cedar tree, and at first light this was the first deer to come along. I always shoot the first legal deer that I see.

:rotfl: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

4. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    Hide... :peepwall:

5. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    I think the only way I would want to "profit" is to get some sponsors. Not having to pay for equipment would help the ol' wallet quite a bit. :cheers:

6. Bowkil

Bowkil New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Ozark Plateau
    i'd get my ugly mug on the front cover of bowhunter. have to go public! just keep your house locked and a loaded shotgun at your side.

7. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    I would prolly stand up in the middle of the woods and learn to sing soprano :hysterical:

8. winger

winger Active Member

Oct 24, 2003
    i would be out of debt within a year living in my new house on my new property. nothing fancy 80 acres or so with a modest log home.

9. stocker

stocker New Member

Feb 7, 2006
    Montgomery City, MO
    Passout in the woods next to it from the excitment

10. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

After all the stories I've read and heard the last several years about record deer....first I'd have the local agent come see the kill site, to deem my kill legal...2nd, I'd get 3 Official measurers together to "panel score" the rack green...documenting both these on film....lol. In the meantime, my taxidermist would get the cape, and since I've been needing a second gun safe, I'd buy a big one, and lock dat sucka up!!! And as far as money goes, selling my trophy or what not....I would wait the 60 day drying period, to see if it really is a world record...I would then take the highest bid, along with a replica, cuz my name will always be on the score sheet as the hunter....150,000 bucks or so would take me on a few good hunts, plus get me out of debt!!!

11. northmobigbuck

northmobigbuck New Member

Aug 5, 2005
    Carroll County Mo
    Well being fireman_3311 knows what to I would do everything he has said.