What type of ground do you hunt?

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by Vector, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    Where do you hunt the majority of the time you're out, including big and small game.

I'm a 50/50er.

2. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    private and hoping the dang lease thing stays outta here !

3. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    That is one thing I didn't like about hunting in TX. Everyone had a lease. Or you went to public land.
  4. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    I hope so too. I've paid for a lease in the past, but I have since became really good buds with a guy whose dad farms a bunch of ground.

It sounds to me like lease prices are getting pretty high!

5. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    My main hunting land is family owned private land... :sniper:
  6. woodcarver

woodcarver Active Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Have a lot of private land In my family and my wifes family has even more problem is its all far away. So I still do qite a bit of hunting on the public ground. I have had encounters with some really nice deer on the public ground and would never hesitate to hunt it.
  7. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    These are interesting results so far! I hope we can get lots of people to vote!

8. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    own some ,lease some ,hunt government where ever they are,i try to be there
  9. jason6517

jason6517 New Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Kansas City, Mo.
    I only hunt private ground (owned). We hunt a few hundred acres in Morgan county and just took possesion of another 240 in mercer county that should be great deer and turkey land also. Just went to the new land this past weekend and put out mineral licks and a few gates, Man I can't wait until hunting season again!!!
  10. Mathews1cam

Mathews1cam Senior Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Private with increasing lease payment!!!!:whinging:
  11. MoBowman

MoBowman Active Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    50/50 Have some private land to hunt but always get out with some friends and hit the corp property also.

MoBowman ```--------->
  12. Grumpy

Grumpy New Member

Jul 5, 2004
    Central MO
    Private, and the good part about it is, it's close to my house. Some of it I just walk to. I can hunt several different places around here. I've got some great neighbors.
  13. Hatch

Hatch New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    OFallon MO
    Private Lease, Great people and great hunting & FISHING!
  14. Fla_Guy

Fla_Guy Active Member

Dec 13, 2005
    Private land, in the family, no lease. I wouldn't hesitate to hunt the public land though - I just need to identify some and get familiar with it.
  15. OA3D

OA3D New Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Private land here in Morgan County. Have picked up a few other friendly private lands to bow hunt, but still looking for more deals.

I am not renewing on the lease up North. Too many rules and how they change.
  16. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    imma 50/50 er also.. some private some public.. none leased..
  17. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

I put private no lease payment,,,,,,,,,,but I do have a farm payment.

18. Crappie

Crappie Slab Master

I hunt 50 50 . Down here alot of gov. surrounded by private. Use maps to find vey small tracts of gov. Alot of hunters think it is private. Some land owners even post the Gov. ground...
  19. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I hunt private land with no lease. Unless you count helping out with chores the lease payment. But I don't.