Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got my fishing trip planned and we are heading to Bennet next mon-wen. Are there any certain flies that work best this time of year? I haven't been trout fishing for about 12 years there fore I really ain't planning on catching too much if anything. If anything else I might just be kicked back around the cabin doing what I do best.:wink4:

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by hunter7x
nightcrawlers and a bobber !!!

:cool:
Something tells me I would get a ticket if I tried that. But that is the only way I know how to fish.

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Roscoe Dog
You can use worms and a bobber in zone 3 past the whistle bridge.
Really. Do they work very well? I am not sure what zone or area are cabin is by. All I know is that the cabin is about 25 yards from the river. The fishing might not be any good there but I bet we have a good view from the cabin.

·
Navy/Air Force/Army
17,249 Posts
zone 1, flyfishing or spinners
zone 2, artificial(no plastics, I think)
zone 3, anything goes

If you can't catch fish at Bennett, Lord help you.;)
My kids use yellow powerbait in zone 3.
I use white glowballs and a different array of flies in zone 1, and rooster tails or small jigs in zone 2.

Good luck, the pool won't be open yet, but my kids love the place.

·
Registered
21,514 Posts
Originally posted by riverbottomhunter
Originally posted by Roscoe Dog
You can use worms and a bobber in zone 3 past the whistle bridge.
Really. Do they work very well? I am not sure what zone or area are cabin is by. All I know is that the cabin is about 25 yards from the river. The fishing might not be any good there but I bet we have a good view from the cabin.
If your 25 yards from the river your next to Zone 3.Worms work good in the river.

oneshot
:D Did you know the Big Grin is only 10 miles away?

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know everyone says the dam is the place to fish, but since it sounds like I will be beside pool 3 how is the fishing there. I am hoping the place won't be too crowded since I am going during the week before Memorial Day Weekend.

·
Registered
21,514 Posts
I don't really fish the Park.But my Boy has done good fishing just on the other side of the Bridge just below the Dam. Now that probably is Zone 2.

Zone 3 I like where the spring runs into the river.

oneshot
:D The Big Grin fishes down the river.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Been a few years since I fished Bennet.
Black & yellow maribous 1st thing in the morning off the dam, when balck and yellow slows down use white or white and black.
Minnows is my choice to use in zone 3. A tiny hook through the back just below the top fin. Good size split shot weight a foot or two above the kook to keep it from moving and to keep it on the bottom. Just below the low water bidge right where the woods end. Great hole, have seen some major lunkers come out of there!
Good luck!!!

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by oneshot 1

oneshot
I think that the lady that I talked with when I booked the cabin said I will be close to where the spring runs into the river. But I might just be imagining things.
What kind of crowd should I expect in this area next mon & tuesday

·
Registered
21,514 Posts
Originally posted by riverbottomhunter
Originally posted by oneshot 1

oneshot
I think that the lady that I talked with when I booked the cabin said I will be close to where the spring runs into the river. But I might just be imagining things.
What kind of crowd should I expect in this area next mon & tuesday
Wife says it shouldn't be too bad as far as crowd Mon.& Tues.

oneshot
:D The Big Grin wants a Rainbow.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
I hear ya can git ya one of those old windup telephones, and run some wires down in da water.....that might work....

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by fireman_3311
I hear ya can git ya one of those old windup telephones, and run some wires down in da water.....that might work....
Its been known to work.:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.