Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I narrowed it down to a few things.....

Range Finder or GPS: I'm leaning towards the Rangefinder. What brand? The Leuopold is a nice model - RXII. Do I need "ARC", which compensates for arrow/ballistic drop? Since I'll be using it for Bowhunting mainly, it would be nice to have. Or, do the inexpensive Bushnells work good? I'd like my minimum range to be 5 yds preferably.

Tool Chest: Can anyone recommend a good brand? I'd like a 12 - 18 drawer, so I can store all my tools/ratchets, etc.....like a mechanic does......I like the neatness! Plus, I can find it when I need it!! Or, are there used ones out there to be bought? If so, where? Craftsman look great, but run from $900 - 1300! Or, I was thinking Harbor Freight. The brand is General @ $900.

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
Umm lets see...hunting toy or tool box....gee thats kinda hard to decide.

Range finder is good for all seasons ! I love mine for archery season. As soon as I put up a new stand I range different trails and trees. I've got a yardage pro for about a hundred bucks I think and it works great. I don't use mine for gun season. But Indiana isa shotgun state and we don't shoot hundreds of yards.

·
just a no body
15,625 Posts
for the price of that tool chest you could have both a GPS & a rangefinder with $$$$$ to spare.

or you could just donate the $$ to me & your desicion making woes are over:D

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
smokin barrel, if you're not going to be makin a livin out of that
tool chest then go for a less expensive one.
if you are going to use it at work, then spend the money on a
good one with roller drawers, etc.
I bought one about six years ago, it was a cheaper model,
and that thing is worn out. wish i had a nickle for every time
a drawer got opened on that thing.
craftsman tool chests are really nice for the cash, you can spend
a lot more, but imo they aren't THAT much better.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
GPS Explorist 600:banana:

RAngefinder Yardage pro:banana:

Tool Box Craftsman:banana:

Wife Pissed off:mad2:

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
I have a 400yd model and it will not range inside of 10 yds but then again, I dont see the utility in ranging something inside of 10yds anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.