Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
9,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made it to the farm last weekend and have several trail cams pics of turkeys strutting. Appear to still be grouped up a little. We didnt make it out to do any listening this weekend though. What time are they starting to gobble in northern Missouri?

A few slight chances for rain this weekend but nice temps. Beats last year when it was snowing on us in the blind Haha. Hoping for a good youth weekend this weekend!

Reactions: 20'

· Registered
3,063 Posts
Last week they were gobbling between 620 and 630 on mostly clear mornings. Today the sky was cloudy but the horizon was clear and they were already hammering when I opened the truck door at 605. Take that info with about 15 minutes worth of salt though because the birds on this place always sound off later in the morning then most places I hunt

· Registered
21,443 Posts
I went outside this morning at 6 am and heard a gobble within seconds of stepping outside. Not sure how long they had been going at it before I stepped outside, but I usually try to be walking quietly to my spot one hour before sunrise.
First gobbles depend on a lot of things, but generally the more east you are the earlier they will be gobbling. I'm near Jeff City, so fairly centrally located.

Good luck to you and the rest of you folks taking youth hunters out. :tup:

· King of Callaway
43,375 Posts
I got out to my spot in Callaway County about 6:15 and heard the first gobble at about 6:25. Had 2 maybe 3 go back and forth for about 30 minutes and went quiet a little before 7.
They didn't make a peep at the house :banging:

Maybe they will gobble before they go up to roost, hens were sure noisy this morning.

· Registered
3,063 Posts
Maybe they will gobble before they go up to roost, hens were sure noisy this morning.
Noisy hens with nary a gobble? That's strange for sure

· Registered
9,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got one to talk tonight around 730. He seamed to be really close to where we have one of our blinds set up along a logging road in the timber. Hope he wants to pay us a visit in the morning!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.