what the best scent

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by DEAD (I), Oct 27, 2010.

1. DEAD (I)

DEAD (I) New Member

Oct 13, 2009
    whats the best attractent scent to use this time of year.... my best ever used was 2000 buck stop

:cheers:

2. Dirtdog

Dirtdog Active Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Just got some black widow doe estrus from a deer farm. Going to try it this year for the first time

3. deerslayer75

deerslayer75 Active Member

Jan 26, 2006
    Liberty, Missouri
  4. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    my personal belief is no scent is the best scent. with how well they smell i just can't believe something coming out of a bottle is gonna fool them a majority of the time.

5. dodge

dodge Active Member

Oct 8, 2010
    cedar hill, mo
    I use Myles Keller doe estrous gel. it works great but is very hard to find. does anyone know where i can find some more?

6. duhunt911

duhunt911 Member

May 18, 2009
    O'Fallon
  7. wabow

wabow New Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Personally...... Try to be as scent free as possible, hunt with wind blowing in my face, choose the days to hunt wisely, watch the weather, grunt and rattle every so often. I don't like scents from the bottle, a gland from a deer I'd consider though.

8. boatcaptain

boatcaptain Active Member

May 31, 2010
    ELM TREE MO
    MRS Doe PEE its doe in estrus got it a Powder Horn. Started to put it out in front of cams today. $41.00 a 6 oz bottle. ILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS. Its supose to come out of a deer farm in Iowa :shrug:

9. twn417

twn417 Senior Member

Jan 30, 2007
    Southern Illinois
    Hunters Specialties "Special Reserve" Its new this year, taken from one deer in peek estrus. Also they have special reserve buck urine...

10. Kickers288

Kickers288 Active Member

[rquote=1866728&tid=129950&author=boatcaptain]MRS Doe PEE its doe in estrus got it a Powder Horn. Started to put it out in front of cams today. $41.00 a 6 oz bottle. ILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS. Its supose to come out of a deer farm in Iowa :shrug:[/rquote]

his farm is in se corner of iowa. pretty neat place to see. hes got his deer and elk there. expensive stuff though. i stopped using scent stuff and try to act like im not even there while huntin

11. boatcaptain

boatcaptain Active Member

May 31, 2010
    ELM TREE MO
    [rquote=1866737&tid=129950&author=Scott_288][rquote=1866728&tid=129950&author=boatcaptain]MRS Doe PEE its doe in estrus got it a Powder Horn. Started to put it out in front of cams today. $41.00 a 6 oz bottle. ILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS. Its supose to come out of a deer farm in Iowa :shrug:[/rquote]

his farm is in se corner of iowa. pretty neat place to see. hes got his deer and elk there. expensive stuff though. i stopped using scent stuff and try to act like im not even there while huntin[/rquote]
    Scott its suppose to be fresh, get it out of the refrigerater use and put back in the frig. When I put it on the gaze pads it really smells. Will see what happens.:thinking:

12. DEAD (I)

DEAD (I) New Member

Oct 13, 2009
    the best stuff i have found is buck stop 2000 cant find it any more........ when the bucks are in full rut there easly fulled dont take much

13. hollercaller

hollercaller New Member

Jan 7, 2008
    I try to step in a few cow pies on my way to the stand, does that count?

14. fish

fish Active Member

Best scent I've ever used??? Friend of mine raises deer. This time of year his bucks are making scrapes in the pens. He digs the nasty stuff out of the the srapes they make ... and well you can figger out what I do after that:pop:

That stuff works :banana-man-yeah:

15. Deerhunter46

Deerhunter46 New Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Deer herd in a stick, VS1, rutting buck, and the ever calm is also a great product i use it on myself and apply it on the trail i walk in on. I have had great success with this product. If you havent tried it or dont have it i really think you should try it!

16. RLAWhitetails

RLAWhitetails New Member

Oct 16, 2010
    I think the best scent that you can use will be the fresh stuff from a local deer farm. This time of year I would get the stuff from scraped in a pen to make mock scrapes or to put in a natural scrape. I am going to A.I. my captive deer on 11-6 and collect everything that I can get from the doe's while in standing heat. That stuff will work every time. I use it every year on a drag line and there is nothing better. Try to find someone around you that raises deer and get some from them even if they dont collect from there deer they can get you some good scent during artifical breeding.

17. Turkeyhunter11

Turkeyhunter11 New Member

Oct 12, 2010
    I like code blue

I know this has nothing to do with the post. But I'm new and idk how to post things. A little help please?

18. 160983

160983 Guest

I have used many brands with questionable results. Tonight I tried the black widow hot-n-ready xxx.

As always - hunting with the right wind is always first.

But this is the best lure I have ever used - never had this many deer respond to a lure.:claphands: