What size kennel?

Discussion in 'Dogs' started by Timbuck919, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Timbuck919

Timbuck919 New Member

Aug 24, 2017
    My pudelpointer is over 6 months old and has officially outgrown his hand me down kennel for pups. Looking at a Ruff Tuff. Would love a Gunner Kennel but can’t fathom paying the money. Moose will be about 60 pounds when full grown so wondering what size I should get if anyone has experience with one. There website doesn’t really give a weight range on what size will typically work. Guess I could take him to Cabela’s. I saw them there a few months ago.
    Thanks in advance
  2. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Don't go to big on the kennel size. Keeping them safe during travel is the goal. If they have room to turn around with ease or stand up with room to spare at the top the kennel is to big.

Found this video on the brand you mentioned on what size to get.

3. wingman

wingman Well-Known Member

May 30, 2012
    If he is only 60 lbs large will be fine.
  4. i_willie12

i_willie12 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Marshall MO
    yup just enough room to make a ball and lay down and not move around much! Kennel in truck is different than kennel in house! My dog holes on my trailer measure like 2'x2' that's it, I only want dogs to get in them and ball up and lay down.
  5. watermen

watermen Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Congrats on your choice of dog , I have one. Males can get a little leggy like a wirehair and don't be suprised if he ends up close to 70. Mine did! Anything bigger than an intermediate will work.