What should i have done...

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by deerslayer75, Nov 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deerslayer75

deerslayer75 Active Member

Jan 26, 2006
    Liberty, Missouri
    Sitting in my stand and at 8am I see a guy across the fence line 200-250yds away walking along the other side of the fence on neighbors property wearing no orange carrying a rifle. Spooks the deer that are on my side of the fence. the guy then gets in a tree right on the line. by this time im pretty upset not that he is on his property but he spooked deer on my side and is wearing no orange at all not even a hat.

I thought about approaching him but staying on my side of line and talking to him about not being a dumb%#& about not wearing orange, calling the conservation, or approaching the land owner and seeing if he knew who it was. problem is I dont know the land owner so it could have been him.

what would you guys have done?

2. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    I would of not shed a tear id the idiot had gotten shot whiel not wearring hunter orange whiel hunting.

Besides taking a picture of him as he was walking to stand no sence in calling the Conservation.

In the spoking deer part that is part of hunting. One reason why ppl see deer mid day is the hunters that cant last all day get out of stand and head back home or caben get the deer moving again for the rest of the hunters.

3. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    I'd call Conservation about the orange. Turn him in, his land or not. Rules are rules and they keep us safe.

4. BILLYGOAT

BILLYGOAT New Member

i wouldnt of put my stand so close to the property line.problem solved

5. deerslayer75

Jan 26, 2006
    Liberty, Missouri
    [rquote=1894722&tid=131989&author=BILLYGOAT]i wouldnt of put my stand so close to the property line.problem solved[/rquote]

my stand is 200-250 yds from it not that close that doesnt solve anything

6. BILLYGOAT

BILLYGOAT New Member

well if im gonna worry that much about what my neighbor was doing i wouldnt set up close enough to watch him.allot of people on private land hunt without orange.is it right or legal?no but at least he wasnt out poaching or tresspassing.i think the agents have allot better things to worry about then a guy not wearing his orange.

7. deerslayer75

Jan 26, 2006
    Liberty, Missouri
    [rquote=1894736&tid=131989&author=BILLYGOAT]well if im gonna worry that much about what my neighbor was doing i wouldnt set up close enough to watch him.allot of people on private land hunt without orange.is it right or legal?no but at least he wasnt out poaching or tresspassing.i think the agents have allot better things to worry about then a guy not wearing his orange.[/rquote]

so basically your saying not to hunt a spot on my land...right good advice lol

and also your saying what the conservation has time to do and dont do with their own laws? Yes its a small thing and no i didnt call the conservation and how do i know it was my neighbor? he wasnt wearing a sign saying "im your neighbor" it could have been a trespasser

8. BILLYGOAT

BILLYGOAT New Member

your right move your stand closer to the fence so you can ask him next time you see him.and no im not saying what the cons dept has time for but come on its opening day of deer season im sure there busy.i guess i should get the police on speed dial so i can call every time i see somebody speed,not use a blinker,run a red light or any other minor thing that is a law.sometimes you have to choose your battles:wave:

9. deerslayer75

Jan 26, 2006
    Liberty, Missouri
    [rquote=1894758&tid=131989&author=BILLYGOAT]your right move your stand closer to the fence so you can ask him next time you see him.and no im not saying what the cons dept has time for but come on its opening day of deer season im sure there busy.i guess i should get the police on speed dial so i can call every time i see somebody speed,not use a blinker,run a red light or any other minor thing that is a law.sometimes you have to choose your battles:wave:[/rquote]

i just dont see where you have the right to tell me where to hunt my own land and if you read my post i said i did not contact the conservation so your pick your own battles comment doesnt really work here. Let me guess you hunt smack dab in the middle of where ever you do everytime? i have many stands on my property and this was the one i sat in this morning

10. ZooKeeper

ZooKeeper New Member

Jan 17, 2007
    O'Fallon, MO
    not sure he did anything wrong other than not wearing orange...call your conservation agent if you are worried about the individuals safety.

11. BILLYGOAT

BILLYGOAT New Member

no i could care less if you sit on the fence and hunt point is dont complain about what your neighbor is doing if your going to sit where you can watch him.why get on here and ask peoples opinion on what you should do if you are just gonna get mad about what people say?ok maby you will like this idea better.go take his treestand down then cut the tree down and place his treestand on the stump with a note asking if he is the land owner or if he has the right to hunt there.after that call the cons dept and tell them he wasnt wearing orange and set up trail cams so you can take pics of him breaking the law so you have the proper proof of said violation.does this answere make you feel better now??

12. rangerdvr

rangerdvr Senior Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Beebe, Arkansas
  13. mathewsshooter89

mathewsshooter89 Active Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Osage County, Mo
    [rquote=1894701&tid=131989&author=deerslayer75]Sitting in my stand and at 8am I see a guy across the fence line 200-250yds away walking along the other side of the fence on neighbors property wearing no orange carrying a rifle. Spooks the deer that are on my side of the fence. the guy then gets in a tree right on the line. by this time im pretty upset not that he is on his property but he spooked deer on my side and is wearing no orange at all not even a hat.

I thought about approaching him but staying on my side of line and talking to him about not being a dumb%#& about not wearing orange, calling the conservation, or approaching the land owner and seeing if he knew who it was. problem is I dont know the land owner so it could have been him.

what would you guys have done?[/rquote]

I would call my mom and cry on her shoulder

14. deerslayer75

Jan 26, 2006
    Liberty, Missouri
    [rquote=1894767&tid=131989&author=BILLYGOAT]no i could care less if you sit on the fence and hunt point is dont complain about what your neighbor is doing if your going to sit where you can watch him.why get on here and ask peoples opinion on what you should do if you are just gonna get mad about what people say?ok maby you will like this idea better.go take his treestand down then cut the tree down and place his treestand on the stump with a note asking if he is the land owner or if he has the right to hunt there.after that call the cons dept and tell them he wasnt wearing orange and set up trail cams so you can take pics of him breaking the law so you have the proper proof of said violation.does this answere make you feel better now??[/rquote]

all i asked was what would you guys have done i didnt ask for help on stand placement

15. BILLYGOAT

BILLYGOAT New Member

and i told you what i would have done.the guy didnt do anything wrong but risk his own safety with no affect on you or your hunting or your land so all i would of done is laugh at him and move on and sure wouldnt have got on here and made a post about it then complain about the answeres i get.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.