Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

15,024 Posts
I missed listening to Farmer Dave this morning, he usually gives the percentages on Thursday's

· Under appreciated
93,232 Posts
In Missouri to this point...
Corn planted week ending June 2 was 69%, week ending June 9 was 81%. This time last year we were 100% planted on corn.
Soybeans planted week ending June 2 was 18%, week ending June 9 was 37%. This time last year we were 89% planted on soybeans.

Reactions: CRE10

· Registered
6,228 Posts
Corn planted week ending June 2 was 69%, week ending June 9 was 81%. This time last year we were 100% planted on corn.
Soybeans planted week ending June 2 was 18%, week ending June 9 was 37%. This time last year we were 89% planted on soybeans.
I went to UM Extension Ag symposium last week... IL was at 45% of corn acres planted...

· Banned
66,381 Posts
How does this work when guys were planning to plant corn but have now switched to beans??

· Registered
33,467 Posts
50% maybe less.... but there's less seed in the ground than I've seen in the nearly 20 years I've been in the KC area. There's some corn near my farm, but no beans to be seen yet.

· Registered
32,089 Posts
50% at my house. 3 acres of foodplot beans planted, 3 acres to go.

· Banned
81,617 Posts
I went to UM Extension Ag symposium last week... IL was at 45% of corn acres planted...
And a lot of the planted acres look like fidos arse. Ive traveled across it twice this week. The worst ive ive seen it look over there in a very long time.

· Registered
6,911 Posts
REAL FARMERS HAVE BEEN GOING HARD BUT THEY HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO.
i HAVE 20 ACRES OF BEANS THAT WERE LEFT IN AND HAD A WEAK COVER CROP OF WHEAT, RED TOP ,TURNIPS AND RADISHES. over the winter some of the field was replanted with native grass. then alfalfa and a mix of red clover and ladino were broadcast in part of it late winter.
LOTS OF GOOD forbs such as partridge pea , milk weed etc . THE BEANS WERE MOwED ABOUT A MONTH AGO , THE WHEAT IS WORKING AS A COVER CROP WITH THE THING BEING BUFFET FOR NESTING BIRDS AND HAZELVILLE BUCKS TO.
Next step will be to hay some of the clover ladino strips , then might or might not spray some of the non planted beans. further into latter July some of the remaining wheat will be mowed more cover crop applied and ruffed for the fall winter time.
I did get in 6 acres of beans on the south side this week. Like some rain but not to much rain.
The bigger field will be mowed and firelanes applied for a burn next spring. THE NATIVE GRASSES AND FORBS WILL BE COLLECTED AND BROADCAST BEHIND THE FIRE.

· Banned
66,381 Posts
they put beans in the planter instead of corn
I meant the percent planted figures.

If say a county as a while planned to plant 2000 acres of corn and 2000 acres of beans. 3 weeks later they have 500 acres (25%) of corn planted and 200 acres (10%) of beans planted. 2 weeks later 1000 acres of corn are planted but the other 1000 of corn that were planned to be done the farmers decided to do beans instead. So does corn become 100% planted at that point? Do beans go from 10% planted to 6.6% planted?

Reactions: trappermark

· Registered
32,089 Posts
You want me to bring the big tractor down to help get ya finished ?
Please. Had to change tractor tire last night and got another acre mowed but it is raining now so farming is on hold.

· Registered
6,567 Posts
We’re done with corn but only got out about 2/3 of what we wanted to. Took preventive plant on the other 1/3 so we can’t plant that in beans till after June 15. We’re about 3/4 done with beans and could have finished early this week but got 1/2 of rain last night.
With the current preventive plant and tariff relief policies changing daily it’s still up in the air as to how many acres of 8$ beans go unplanted in the Midwest.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.