Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
come on guys post up. what brand/model rimfires do you own or have owned. which ones have you been most pleased with and which ones gave you the most fits?
myself i own 3 rim fires, 2 rifles and one pistol. all three are rugers at this time, 2 m77's 1 a .22lr the other a .17hmr. the pistol is a ruger Mark II 6 7/8" tapered barrel bought new in '88. i've had a couple of marlins, and an old winchester 74 but they are gone. i will more than likely add another lever action to the mix and i guess i will get a semi auto at some point. i have not had a problem with any of the rifles i have owned. oh i almost forgot i had a .22lr Dan Wesson for a while that i really regret getting rid of.

·
5,632 Posts
My wife and I both own Marlin model 60 .22lr's. Good shooting little guns.

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
I have a Remington 597, with a camo stock... :D

·
Registered
640 Posts
I have a Remington 597 and a Marlin 60. I much prefer my Marlin. Better shooter, better feel, never have any problems. The Remington has jamming problems and doesn't hold quite as tight a group.

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
I have an old Winchester semi don't know the model, a Remington Nylon 66 and a Henry Lever action.

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
I was thinking it was a 50 something but I'm not sure. It has a piece of bailing wire tristed around teh front of the barrel for a front site and the stock is all bleached out but it's my favotire squirrell gun. Never jams and shoots straight. That Rem is a jammin mutha !

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
I'v owned a lot of 22 rimfires in the past. Rem 513T, Win 52 target rifles. An old Savage/Stevens autojammer(but a very close shootin gun), Marlin 39(wish I had kept it), nylon 66, Ruger 10/22 are the ones I remember best.

Currently all I have are a Ruger 77/22, only bolt rifle I have ever owned except for target rifles, and a Thompson Center Classic.

Pistol wise- an original single six, a bearcat and a MarkII that is equipped with a peep sight.

·
Registered
13,828 Posts
Now you're gonna make me feel like a madman, ain't ya? Oh well.
I've had six or seven Ruger 10/22s over the years, still got a Deluxe Sporter in hand.
I've had five or six Ruger autopistols over the years, too.
S&W K-22 Combat Masterpiece (M18)
Remington 552 and M24 (short only)
Two different 77/22s over the years
Marlin 60 (first gun and still one of the better shooting ones)
S&W 622, autopistol, not a keeper!
and probably some others I can't remember right now. I quit trying to keep track of them all, it hurts my head. If you go talking about centerfire pistols, I can make your head spin out of control.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Glen that is a pretty piece of rim fire there. come on guys i thought i remember someone (or maybe a couple of you guys) mentioning kimber and sako rimfires. let's here it from the guys sitting in the front rows.:D

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
i got a couple rugers , browning,stevens,savage single,nylon 66 in 22r and 22 magnum and then a couple of 17 in the savage ,but my and joy is the kimber.and then a assortment of pistols,but don't tell the wife she doesn't need to know about it all.

·
Registered
70,466 Posts
Pistols.....Colt Woodsman Auto and High Standard Model H-D Military. Rifles.....Remington 572 Deluxe Fieldmaster. Wards Western Field s-l-lr. Winchester model 62 A s-l-lr. Savage model 24 22-410. Marlin 17V .17 HMR. ( All locked up in a real good safe by the way).

·
19,585 Posts
Savage 93R17 - 17HMR
Marlin model 60 - 22LR (first gun ~ over 30 years old)
Marlin model 882SS - 22WMR
Ruger 10/22 - 22LR
Ruger Single-Six - 22LR & 22WMR (interchangeable cylinders)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Originally posted by hunter7x
I have an old Winchester semi don't know the model, a Remington Nylon 66 and a Henry Lever action.
you may already know this but Remington has revamped the mag for the 597 and the jamming problem is gone....you might contact them and get a couple new mags for it....

Chromie

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.