Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I've never had a problem with a palomar knot on braided line. As a matter of fact, it seems to be pretty dang stout. I use power pro but I wouldn't imagine it would make that big of a difference from one braid to the next. Good luck!:)

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I use the palomar for heavier braided line and the improved clinch for the lighter 8-12lb lines. Haven't had any noticeable problems with either. I don't know if it is just b/c of the lighter line or what but it seems the improved clinch holds longer. Can fish with one knot all day.

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
[rquote=1547342&tid=107705&author=Plasticman]After you make your last wrap---go back out thru the top with the end and If you are fishing for money--a dab of super glue is a must...:cheers:[/rquote]

Same thing I do when doing the ice fishing tourneys up here except the super glue. :cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
4,566 Posts
[rquote=1547349&tid=107705&author=Parker]I use a palomar on all of my braided bass rigs, and have yet to have a break or a slipped knot.

Parker[/rquote]
yep me too and i fish with braids 75% of the time

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
[rquote=1547330&tid=107705&author=T Mall][rquote=1547126&tid=107705&author=cardiackiller]spider wire:confused:

stren!!!!!!!:claphands::claphands:[/rquote]

hey man it was free :D

I usually use stren or cajunline :superman:[/rquote]
haha :rof2::rof2: just messin wit ya cant beat free stuff!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.