Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
of quality hunts. i think that is where the hang up here is. it's not because joe blow is descimating the deer herd or one flung low is shooting button bucks, i think the big disagreement is what constitutes a quality hunt.

to me a quality hunt is going out, enjoying my surroundings, maybe readin a little in a book, seein lots of deer and having a chance at a good one. hence i don't shoot little ones, slaughter does or anything else. go big or go home is my motto but that is me. my neighbors are deer killing fools. matter of fact i question to myself how they can come up with that many tags in kansas because they don't have crops for depredation. i guess they could just be shooting a lot. once or twice every now an again. maybe coyote hunting, who knows. point is i don't throw them under the bus because their idea of a quality hunt is killing something.

people are not scared that others are pushing to take away little bucks, people are mad because you are threatening to take away their quality of the hunt.

·
Registered
18,622 Posts
A quality hunt to me is getting to see nature be nature. To me it is not seeing whitetails running ever which way from a deer drive. I like to sit and watch them act naturally before I lay the smack down and to leave the deer herd in better shape than when I first arrived....and get to see some really cool stuff along the way like bucks grunting and chasing does, posturing up to each other and watching what species of plant/tree they are browsing on.

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
In all honesty any day afield is a quality hunt. Regardless of what I am hunting. I know what I would consider a successful hunt and that it may be a lot different than others.
6 of one half dozen of the other, we all gotta hunt the same herd.

How do you know joe blow & one flung low? They taught me everything I know:rof2::rof2::lame:

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
71,430 Posts
Quality hunt.... Spending some time in a tree stand, and not being bugged by the goofy stuff my neighbors do, or anything else. Knowing that at any moment a nice deer could show up...

Same thing goes for duck hunting. I don't have to see, or kill a limit of ducks to enjoy it. But, if some knucklehead comes by, and set's up on the edge of my spread, even if I kill a limit... It is not a quality hunt in my book....:shrug:

·
Grrrrrrr
29,980 Posts
To me a quality hunt is a bowhunt. A bowhunt with cool weather, squirrels and birds active, quiet woods, deer behaving naturally, silence around me....preferrable I actually see deer but that really isn't a total requirement.

And before you get mad and say "archer66 is selfish and wants to get rid of rifle season" take note that I DO NOT want to get rid of rifle season.....I just don't enjoy hunting it.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
I've had quality hunts going up to my field in the middle of the summer and working on my food plot...hunting is a 365 day adventure for me, whether it be reading and learning from magazines, here...working the food plot, lloking at pics from the deer cam, cutting paths or actually sitting in a stand...it's all good!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
[rquote=1495707&tid=104412&author=letemgrow]A quality hunt to me is getting to see nature be nature. To me it is not seeing whitetails running ever which way from a deer drive. I like to sit and watch them act naturally before I lay the smack down and to leave the deer herd in better shape than when I first arrived....and get to see some really cool stuff along the way like bucks grunting and chasing does, posturing up to each other and watching what species of plant/tree they are browsing on. [/rquote]

Same for me. [file]82210[/file]

=*=ViperSniper=*=

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
i dont have a clue what a quality hunt is, dont matter how far i walk, or what county or property i hunt, i just keep havin people hr before dark come ruin my hunts. i think somebody put a gps on my climber

·
Registered
33,549 Posts
I had some quality hunts this rifle season simply for the fact that I was able to hunt with my Dad for the first time in nearly 11 years. The hunting on my lease was not good after the first 2 mornings, buuuuut the first 2 mornings I had him on 3 nice bucks. The shoots were all coulda woulda shoulda, but we had a blast being able to hunt together again and he's coming back next year. That's one meaning of a quality hunt to me.
Now being selfish, I agree with Archer. I like a good quiet bowhunt.:cheers:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.