· Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this is the story that goes with

'Hybrid Mutant' Found Dead in Maine
Aug 16 8:55 PM US/Eastern
Email this story

TURNER, Maine

Residents are wondering if an animal found dead over the weekend may be the mysterious creature that has mauled dogs, frightened residents and been the subject of local legend for half a generation.
The animal was found near power lines along Route 4 on Saturday, apparently struck by a car while chasing a cat. The carcass was photographed and inspected by several people who live in the area, but nobody is sure exactly what it is.

Michelle O'Donnell of Turner spotted the animal near her yard about a week before it was killed. She called it a "hybrid mutant of something."

"It was evil, evil looking. And it had a horrible stench I will never forget," she told the Sun Journal of Lewiston. "We locked eyes for a few seconds and then it took off. I've lived in Maine my whole life and I've never seen anything like it."

For the past 15 years, residents across Androscoggin County have reported seeing and hearing a mysterious animal with chilling monstrous cries and eyes that glow in the night. The animal has been blamed for attacking and killing a Doberman pinscher and a Rottweiler the past couple of years.

People from Litchfield, Sabattus, Greene, Turner, Lewiston and Auburn have come forward to speak of a mystery monster that roams the woods. Nobody knows for sure what it is, and theories have ranged from a hyena or dingo to a fisher or coydog, an offspring of a coyote and a wild dog.

Now, people are asking if the mystery beast and the animal killed over the weekend are one and the same.

Wildlife officials and animal control officers declined to go to Turner to examine the remains. By Tuesday, the carcass had been picked clean by vultures and there was not much left of the dead animal.

Loren Coleman, a Portland author and cryptozoologist, said it's unlikely that the animal was anybody's pet.

After reviewing photos of the carcass, Coleman said he was bothered by the animal's ears and snout. It reminded him of a case years ago in northern Maine in which an animal shot by a hunter could not be identified. In the end, wildlife officials got a DNA analysis that showed the animal was a rare wolf-dog hybrid, he said.

Mike O'Donnell, who is married to Michelle O'Donnell, said the animal looked "half-rodent, half-dog" to him.

It was charcoal gray, weighed between 40 and 50 pounds and had a bushy tail, a short snout, short ears and curled fangs hanging over its lips, he said. It looked like "something out of a Stephen King story."

"This is something I've never seen before. It's an evil-looking thing," he said.

· VECtor Custom Calls
41,488 Posts
AH CHHHHHEEEEEESSSSEEEEEE AND RRRRRIIIIIICCCCEEEEE!

Looks like a chow that's got some issues.

GLOWING EYES! AHHHHHHHH!!!!

And that thing was alive for 15 years?! Good thing its taken care of!

Okay.....and last but not least.....RARE wolf-dog hybrid?! They're all dogs! Dogs are dogs are dogs.........

:D :D :D :D :hysterical: :hysterical: Thanks for sharing! Got an awesome laugh for the morning.

Parker

· Registered
18,249 Posts
well it could be....

A horse?It could be a small elephant with no ears; Horse or mule?kangaroo ?a deer with it's head down facing away,a Missouri Anteater,it looks like a small horseNot a mountain lion.,beats the heak outta me,the South end of a North-bound deer, i think thats a elk,It's a UWO and Unidentified Walking Object,it's MOMO the Missouri Monster,It's just a dog,The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a cougar. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.A calf,it looks like a guy bent over touching his toes,its a thing,That is the shortest.............fattest..........knobby kneedest......slickest hairedest..........weirdest 3 legged somethun,it is a hybrid deeranteaterkangalion,it's a dog of some sort, abominable snowman aka sasquatch
,its king kong,its a freakin live artifact,its a wood duck,it's someone bent over tying their shoes....with no clothes on,Maybe its an arkansas special deer,its shamoo,its a fat huge german shephard smelling deer poop,BIGFOOT mooning us,its pipe in a furry suit looking for his keys,It'z a pragnut doh,It's DSG Snufalufagis from Sesame Street or an ant eater !!!!!!!!!!!!

Some posts I do just for me :D

· Registered
902 Posts
Originally posted by hunter7x
well it could be....

A horse?It could be a small elephant with no ears; Horse or mule?kangaroo ?a deer with it's head down facing away,a Missouri Anteater,it looks like a small horseNot a mountain lion.,beats the heak outta me,the South end of a North-bound deer, i think thats a elk,It's a UWO and Unidentified Walking Object,it's MOMO the Missouri Monster,It's just a dog,The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a cougar. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.A calf,it looks like a guy bent over touching his toes,its a thing,That is the shortest.............fattest..........knobby kneedest......slickest hairedest..........weirdest 3 legged somethun,it is a hybrid deeranteaterkangalion,it's a dog of some sort, abominable snowman aka sasquatch
,its king kong,its a freakin live artifact,its a wood duck,it's someone bent over tying their shoes....with no clothes on,Maybe its an arkansas special deer,its shamoo,its a fat huge german shephard smelling deer poop,BIGFOOT mooning us,its pipe in a furry suit looking for his keys,It'z a pragnut doh,It's DSG Snufalufagis from Sesame Street or an ant eater !!!!!!!!!!!!

Some posts I do just for me :D
Steve, you took the words right out of my mouth! :rotfl:

· VECtor Custom Calls
41,488 Posts
Originally posted by hunter7x
its pipe in a furry suit looking for his keys,
:hysterical:

I'm glad I read through all that jibberish or I would've missed out on the biggest laugh!

:hysterical:

Parker

· Registered
241 Posts
looks like a Pit bull/Bouvier des Flandres mix. Both are aggressive dogs with the Bouvier being a good family guard dog. But they can turn and get absolutely vicious. and we all know about pti bulls. Most are ok dogs if raised for a good home as far as owners go, but if trained for the wrong reasons or left wild, they are a killing machine. this mix would give it the right hair, facial fetures and temperment. A real killer:eek:

· Banned
81,617 Posts
Originally posted by Country
'Hybrid Mutant' Found Dead in Maine
Aug 16 8:55 PM US/Eastern
Email this story

TURNER, Maine

The animal has been blamed for attacking and killing a Doberman pinscher and a Rottweiler the past couple of years.
It must not of been all bad. If it was canine,,,how did it terrorize an area for 15 years???? It would have been to inmature its first year and to arthritic its last 3 years to do much terrorizing.

:cheers::cheers:

· Registered
21,182 Posts
Here is the latest update

This is the most recent version of this article. View article history.
Expert: 'Hybrid' Creature Is Just a Dog
6 hrs ago Expert: 'Hybrid' Creature Is Just a Dog
1 day ago 'Hybrid Mutant' Found Dead in Maine

Printer Friendly | PDF | Email
The Associated Press
Aug 17, 2006 5:25 PM (6 hrs ago)
Current rank: # 2 of 5,960 articles

TURNER, Maine - An expert who examined the remains of a mystery creature believes it was a wild dog. But that hasn't stopped runaway speculation about the beast and whether it was responsible for mauling dogs and frightening residents.

Loren Coleman, a Portland author and cryptozoologist, said he didn't know for sure what the animal was based on his examination of its remains Wednesday.

"I think this dead animal is a chow or chow-mix, a relatively small dog, that was feral, which is unusual for that area," he told the Sun Journal newspaper. He noted, however, that his was only an educated guess based on the findings so far.

State wildlife biologists and local animal control officers declined to go to Turner to examine the remains of the animal, which was found Saturday along Route 4. It was apparently hit by a car while chasing a cat.

Without any official findings, the creature obtained near-mythical status as word spread in the media and on the Internet.

Some say it's simply a dog. Others say it's a goat-sheep hybrid. Still others weighed in that the creature may have been a Tasmanian devil, a dingo, a wolf or coyote. Some of the more outlandish theories involve mutations and extraterrestrials.

People from Litchfield, Sabattus, Greene, Turner, Lewiston and Auburn have come forward to speak of a mystery monster that roams the woods.

"It's crazy. Everybody's talking about it. We sold out of newspapers by 9 this morning," said Debi Bodwell, who was at work at Schrep's Corner Store in Turner. "Everybody is mad because the game wardens haven't come out to take a look at it."

By the time Coleman arrived on Wednesday there wasn't much left. The internal organs and skull were gone. All that was left were some bones and skin.

Nonetheless, he came away with a paw and other body parts to be examined later. Another paw was taken by the Sun Journal, which was exploring the possibility of conducting DNA tests.

One person who remains convinced that the creature was no dog was the woman whose photos were carried in the Sun Journal and in news organizations across the country. Michelle O'Donnell doesn't know what it is, but she's convinced it wasn't a dog.

Nonetheless, she's surprised by the interest in the creature.

"I didn't know the story would be this big," she said. "My phone has been ringing off the hook."

---

Information from: Sun-Journal,

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

· Registered
11,384 Posts
I received this email this morning from a friend. The kids are really missing their pet!!!

Has anyone seen my dog? Our beloved family pet ran away while we were vacationing in Maine earlier this month and I was wondering if anyone saw him by any chance. He is black and cute as the ****ens. He answers to the name Cujo and he is just a delight to be around. If you find him, please hold onto him until I can come get him. He likes to eat one lamb leg for breakfast and two for dinner.

Heres a pic of him playing dead.

[file]7569[/file]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.