Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy I work with found one side of a monster last week. 19 points on just the 1 side he found. Huge droptine. Very massive. Said he found it in an old barn laying in the hay on their family farm. Guess the old barn is right beside the timber and nobody goes in there. Sorry I didn't have my camera with me at work to take a pic of it. I told him that I would be spending every waking minute trying to find that matching side. That & I would probably be hunting out of the barn come next season. I will take my camera to work next weekend in case he still has it in his truck.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
COME ON MAN...(dont ya know we like pictures)...hehehe...I will try to find out what the top 5 sheds are for Mo Big Bucks...I assume with that many points, it has several abnormal points...what kind of main frame did it have, 5 pt? By the way, I like that new Avatar ya gots there...Nuttin better'n a Patriotic turkey hunter!!!!

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I knew everyone would be all over me for not having a pic on this shed. If I remember right it was a main frame 6 pt. All of the non typical points were good size. The drop tine was probably 5-6 ".

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
Sounds awesome!! Can't wait to see a picture of that thing. I actually had the list of the world record sheds, not missouri individually though but I can't seem to find it. I had it from when these sheds were found where I hunt.
That's an 8 point with a 16" inside spread in the middle of the two sheds by the way...

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
I don't know what this one scored, but I'm pretty sure you aren't goint to find many more if any that are bigger than this one...at least typical sheds. I really think this is from a potential world record buck.

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Pics, pics, we need to see some pics!

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Never did get a picture of this one and since I don't work there anymore I guess I won't be able to. Sorry to let you all down on this one.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Originally posted by jwolf21
A Nebraska buck, widely known as "The General," holds the typical world record for shed antlers. Unfortunately, no hunter ever got him. Scores around 230 typical.
Is this one side? A shed would be singular, not a set.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Originally posted by Hayzer
Originally posted by jwolf21
A Nebraska buck, widely known as "The General," holds the typical world record for shed antlers. Unfortunately, no hunter ever got him. Scores around 230 typical.
Is this one side? A shed would be singular, not a set.
Both sides of the buck were found and the typical set comes in around 230. (WITHOUT a spread measurement) :eek:

Parker

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
WOWzers, now that's IS a find.

AND I would rather measure a deer WITHOUT the spread anyways. I've just never been a fan of spread measurements.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Found it!!!!!

Here's the information that you're looking for RBH!

http://www.shedantlers.org/topten/top10.html

"The General" is not listed on there unless that 230 was a stretched number including a spread, but as with any record book, you don't HAVE to put your animal in it!

Parker

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Riverbottomhunter ~ Did you ever get those pics??? :pop::pop::pop:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.