What is the best way to ..................

Discussion in 'Fishing General' started by looking_for_guns, May 22, 2009.

1. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    for you prolly going to a fish market with the stringer or thats what brick says:D

2. That is true Yote

Just wondering on the very very very very very slime chance I catch one or if the boy catches one

:cheers:

3. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    well for your boys sake i run my thru the mouth seems to stay alive longer that way,instead of running them thru the gills:cheers:but thats just me

4. SHEDHEAD

SHEDHEAD New Member

Feb 15, 2008
    I stickem through the lower lip.

On catfish I run it through the gills.

5. Thanks guys

I use to run then through the gills and we told that was a bad way to do it but was never shown or told which way was the best way to do it

6. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    i usually take a fish basket thingy and toss em in there..keeps em in the water and no holes poked in em.

7. 76_michael

76_michael Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Lincoln Co.
    5 gallon bucket , or fish basket , if I use a stringer I go through the bottom lip

8. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    The best thing to use in my opinion is a wire fish basket. No stick'n the fish and he can breathe just fine.

[file]58202[/file]

9. SHEDHEAD

SHEDHEAD New Member

Feb 15, 2008
    If you use a basket make sure you wire the bottom door shut.

Seen full baskets turn up empty several times.

10. I guess I will just go buy one of the wire baskets then

11. Pastor

Pastor Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Leadwood.
    for trout were you can only keep four I use a metal stringer and poke it through one eye and out the other. they stay alive that way. most other fish crappie, perch, bass exc. the wire basket is the way to go.

12. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    [rquote=1272550&tid=89091&author=Pastor]for trout were you can only keep four I use a metal stringer and poke it through one eye and out the other. they stay alive that way. most other fish crappie, perch, bass exc. the wire basket is the way to go.[/rquote]

ouch

13. kgdog

kgdog Senior Member

put em in your pockets

14. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Have the feller in the market wrap them up then toss them across the counter so you can say you caught them. That is what I do.:cheers:

15. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    [rquote=1272558&tid=89091&author=DADAKOTA]Have the feller in the market wrap them up then toss them across the counter so you can say you caught them. That is what I do.:cheers:[/rquote]

You mean like this guy.....

[file]58206[/file]

16. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Yes, but he needs to wrap it up.:cheers:

17. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    [rquote=1272566&tid=89091&author=DADAKOTA]Yes, but he needs to wrap it up.:cheers:[/rquote]

They do....all the way from Pikes Market in Seatle.

18. TAB

TAB New Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Southern Illinois
    Fishing mill creek I always used one of those metal stringers with the clips. Put it around my waste and made sure it was long enough to keep them in the water.

19. That is what I am going to do TAB but I was wanting the best to hook them

I have always used a metal stringer on the creek but I have lost mine and Potosi don't carry them anymore:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2: