Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best trail cam for the price in your opinion? What are some of the features I should use in this case scenario- The neighbors told me there's a 180 class buck -biggest whitetail they ever seen- running around where I live and I wanna see some more of him. Im going out every night where they saw him on my frouwheeler and just hopin to get a glance of him. I also just want a good trail cam to put by a salt block or something of the sort to see the kind of deer we have on our property.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
I really like my moultrie I-60. I got it on sale at BP for $100 off and they are running the same sale right now.Have had it out for 8 weeks and have got over 500 pics and still have over 75% battery left.

·
Banned
11,330 Posts
The cheapest moultrie that is around 100 dollars. When it goes on sale at BP for 70 bucks, it cannot be beat. So simple to work, and takes nice pictures.

·
Registered
69,800 Posts
Mine are Moultie I-40 models. They are out 24/7/52 except during the regular rifle season. No sense in letting trespassers run off with my cameras. Just guessing here but on average each takes abourt 12,000 to 15,000 pictures a year. They have been out for at least 3 years and are still producing great photos. I change the 6 D-cell batteries about two or three times a year. I just saw an ad for them at Rogers Sporting Goods in Liberty Mo. for $150 each. Sale is for Friday and Saturday only. Thinking of heading up there Saturday and picking up another one. Check out my pics on the Trail Cam Photo section for their quality.

http://www.missouriwhitetails.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=103366

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
I like my stealth cam wd-2's. I have the moultrie d-40 which are advertised as a 4mp cam, but my stealth cam which is advertised as 2mp cam takes much better pics by far, has more features and a longer flash range.

·
Registered
69,800 Posts
[rquote=1488951&tid=104000&author=Jeremy]I like my stealth cam wd-2's. I have the moultrie d-40 which are advertised as a 4mp cam, but my stealth cam which is advertised as 2mp cam takes much better pics by far, has more features and a longer flash range.[/rquote]

The Difference in the D-40 and I-40 Moultries....

The D-40 uses a flash at night....the I-40 uses infra red lighting and doesn't use a flash at all.

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
[rquote=1488956&tid=104000&author=Mailman][rquote=1488951&tid=104000&author=Jeremy]I like my stealth cam wd-2's. I have the moultrie d-40 which are advertised as a 4mp cam, but my stealth cam which is advertised as 2mp cam takes much better pics by far, has more features and a longer flash range.[/rquote]

The D-40 uses a flash at night....the I-40 uses infra red lighting and doesn't use a flash at all. [/rquote]

oh, i know..i was just throwin out my opinions, i dont have any IR cams...but I found some wildlife innovations 4mp IR's for 65 dollars the other day.

·
Registered
69,800 Posts
[rquote=1488961&tid=104000&author=Jeremy][rquote=1488956&tid=104000&author=Mailman][rquote=1488951&tid=104000&author=Jeremy]I like my stealth cam wd-2's. I have the moultrie d-40 which are advertised as a 4mp cam, but my stealth cam which is advertised as 2mp cam takes much better pics by far, has more features and a longer flash range.[/rquote]

The D-40 uses a flash at night....the I-40 uses infra red lighting and doesn't use a flash at all. [/rquote]

oh, i know..i was just throwin out my opinions, i dont have any IR cams...but I found some wildlife innovations 4mp IR's for 65 dollars the other day. [/rquote]

:eek::

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
[rquote=1488964&tid=104000&author=Mailman][rquote=1488961&tid=104000&author=Jeremy][rquote=1488956&tid=104000&author=Mailman][rquote=1488951&tid=104000&author=Jeremy]I like my stealth cam wd-2's. I have the moultrie d-40 which are advertised as a 4mp cam, but my stealth cam which is advertised as 2mp cam takes much better pics by far, has more features and a longer flash range.[/rquote]

oh, i know..i was just throwin out my opinions, i dont have any IR cams...but I found some wildlife innovations 4mp IR's for 65 dollars the other day. [/rquote]

:eek::[/rquote]

i'm still tryin to figure out if I have bad cams or what, from the pics everyone else posts from their d40's compared to mine...mine take horrible pics. yours...knowing its the IR model..takes killer pics

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
[rquote=1488946&tid=104000&author=Mailman]Mine are Moultie I-40 models. They are out 24/7/52 except during the regular rifle season. No sense in letting trespassers run off with my cameras. Just guessing here but on average each takes abourt 12,000 to 15,000 pictures a year. They have been out for at least 3 years and are still producing great photos. I change the 6 D-cell batteries about two or three times a year. I just saw an ad for them at Rogers Sporting Goods in Liberty Mo. for $150 each. Sale is for Friday and Saturday only. Thinking of heading up there Saturday and picking up another one. Check out my pics on the Trail Cam Photo section for their quality.

http://www.missouriwhitetails.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=103366[/rquote]
Bass Pro has the I-60 on sale for $199 right now.

·
Registered
143 Posts
[rquote=1488965&tid=104000&author=Jeremy][rquote=1488964&tid=104000&author=Mailman][rquote=1488961&tid=104000&author=Jeremy][rquote=1488956&tid=104000&author=Mailman][rquote=1488951&tid=104000&author=Jeremy]I like my stealth cam wd-2's. I have the moultrie d-40 which are advertised as a 4mp cam, but my stealth cam which is advertised as 2mp cam takes much better pics by far, has more features and a longer flash range.[/rquote]

:eek::[/rquote]

i'm still tryin to figure out if I have bad cams or what, from the pics everyone else posts from their d40's compared to mine...mine take horrible pics. yours...knowing its the IR model..takes killer pics[/rquote]
The D40 was my first and is my only game cam. I like it a lot. There are three different settings on picture quality. You guys that don't like the quality have it set on best righ?

·
Registered
18,570 Posts
I am a fan of the moultrie I-40, but would go with the I-60 if you get the extra dough. I can leave it out all fall and never have to change the batteries until the next fall and it will take a TON of pictures.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have 2 moultrie D-40's and haven't had any trouble with them. I also like the external power port. Hook up a 12-volt battery to it, and I can honestly say I've never had the battery show less than a full charge. Mine have been out since July 3rd, and still showed full battery as of the Wed. of regular firearms.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
love my bushnell trophy cams and just got two moultrie I-50s on sale just gotem out and dont know how well they work yet

·
5,092 Posts
i have 4 d-40's. they work fine when they work. i'm always sending them in for repair or replacement. i'm willing to do if for the price. i'd hate to get a better camera stolen that i paid a lot of money for. .02

1 - 20 of 22 Posts