What is the best flashlight that you have

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by Huckleberry, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Huckleberry

Huckleberry Member

Oct 30, 2006
    Joplin
    How many of you have a surefire? What is the best light that you have????

2. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform

3. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    I've got the $35 surefire & love it. I've also got a mag light that I carry in my pac.

4. Huckleberry

Huckleberry Member

Oct 30, 2006
    Joplin
    are the surefires worth the money? I have a Basspro gift card and might be looking into getting one, but not sure if they are worth the money?

5. Huckleberry

Huckleberry Member

Oct 30, 2006
    Joplin
    Does the 35 dollars surefire go through the batteries?

6. fishshooter

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    if you get a surefire, get surefire batteries, they will eat any other kind

The 9p is an awesome light and was worth the money

There's other brands that are getting better, and if you don't have one I'd get a princeton tech head lamp first, little cheaper, little less light, but both hands are free IMO

7. Shrapnel

Shrapnel Active Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Imperial MO
    [rquote=1884693&tid=131294&author=Huckleberry]are the surefires worth the money? I have a Basspro gift card and might be looking into getting one, but not sure if they are worth the money?[/rquote]

No their not worth the money IMO. I have a couple lights I paid less than $30.00 for at wally world and just last week a buddy I hunted with had a sure fire and was ticked what he paid for it after he saw mine at night.

Here is one I just bought my son....115 lumens for under $30.00 it's a great light.

http://www.walmart.com/search/searc...shlight&ic=48_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=0

Her eis the one I use...another cheapie but a 3w single led tactical that really reached out there with a bright white light, I have had this light for 4 yrs now I think, I buy the rechargeable NiCad energizers, bought batteries for it once and still using them.

http://www.google.com/products/cata...og_result&ct=result&resnum=6&ved=0CDkQ8wIwBQ#

Both lights are very small and easily fit into any pack or pocket.

8. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    Surefire LX2 Lumamax :trophy:

9. yankee

yankee Senior Member

i have a pelican tactical, good little light

10. fishshooter

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    [rquote=1884749&tid=131294&author=yankee]i have a pelican tactical, good little light[/rquote]

Got one in my LBE :D

11. angus

angus Member

Oct 17, 2005
    Salem
    Ive got a Surefire G3(the $35 one) and it is a great light. But it eats batteries like crazy, and bulbs almost as fast as batteries, and the bulbs and batteries arent cheap. I ended up buying a Colemen brand from Walmart, with leds and I think its 115 lumens! Very bright, and takes 3 aaa batteries, and they last well over a year(still havent worn them out). I like it very well, and it was less than $30!

12. dodge

dodge Active Member

Oct 8, 2010
    cedar hill, mo
  13. Huckleberry

Huckleberry Member

Oct 30, 2006
    Joplin
    So when I am looking for another light, what should I watch for. High number in lumens or what?

14. angus

angus Member

Oct 17, 2005
    Salem
    Higher the lumens, the brighter the light. Leds will be easier on batteries and the bulbs will last a very very long time. I think the Surefire G3 is something like 75 lumens, but its a standard bulb and they will burn out in about 4 sets of batteries.

15. DUTCHMAN

DUTCHMAN New Member

Aug 23, 2009
    Gasconade County,MO
    stream light stinger led its about 100 dollers for one but its rechargeable. its super bright the PoLiCe use the

16. Rack_Hunter

Rack_Hunter Sensitivity Aficionado

my best flashlight is usually the one with the best batteries :cheers:

17. ed2brute

ed2brute Member

Nov 6, 2010
    [rquote=1884740&tid=131294&author=Chairman]Surefire LX2 Lumamax[/rquote]

I have this light, too. I love the interface. Great torch!!

18. buckwacker181

buckwacker181 # of bans record holder

Oct 9, 2006
    Catawussy
    Fenix TK40. Puts any Surefire to shame.

19. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    I bet I own at least 10 Maglites, out of which the LED's are the best. Battery life is exceptional and they are virtually indestructible.