Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Ford Dodge or Chevy....

I like my Stag! Rock River Arms makes a good one, CMMG is made in Mo. Smith and Wesson is good as well...Colts are overpriced, IMO.

Check out ar15.com, tons of opinions, tons of links to vendors as well.

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
I think there may be about 15,000 manufacturers of AR15s these days. Besides what Brad listed there is Remington, Bushmaster, Olympic Arms, Daniel Defense, and DEL-TON to name a few more. And yes Colts are way over priced in my opinion also.

Forgot to mention there are a number of companies that make lowers and uppers that you can build yourself. AR15.com has a number of these listed as well. Just depepnds on what you want one for, defense, hunting or both.

·
Registered
32,763 Posts
There is also Ruger and Double Star. I would have to agreee with everyone else. Figure out one that fits you needs/wants and either build it or buy. Everything is basically so standardized now you shouldn't have a problem with any of them.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
[rquote=1528424&tid=106519&author=RAGENTHECAGE]i def want a m4 style[/rquote]

There's a start...now, what is your budget?:cheers::wave:

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
[rquote=1528190&tid=106519&author=RAGENTHECAGE]Possibly thinking about purchasing a AR 15 and was wanting to know a good brand and caliber[/rquote]

Ask cummins, he will tell you everything you don't wanna know about an AR.
:rof2::rof2::rof2:

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Glad you ask I was thinking about asking the same question since I have parted witha few of my guns I'm looking at what I should spend that money on:cheers:

·
Registered
32,763 Posts
You can build one from CMMG for under $900 if you don't want anything special. You can either order the parts kit and actually build it yourself, or you can buy the fully assembled up and lower and put them together.

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
RAGENTHECAGE, if you wait they will have them back in stock. I don't know how many they get in at a time but they do sell quick.

·
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think I might sell one of my Springfield xd's also so I have a little fixin up money to put into this gun, I didnt realize just how much you can put on these

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
RAGENTHECAGE, some fellas have thousands in theirs.

·
Registered
32,763 Posts
You can also get them a JSE Surplus out of Cape.

Lower
YHM Yankee Hill Lower

These lowers are machined 100% in house from forged 7075-T6 aluminum. They are machined and plated to military specifications for superior fit and finish and feature over sized magazine well chamfers for easier magazine changes. These come pre-assembled with a complete lower parts kit and adjustable carbine stock installed.

$290 - 16 currently in Stock

Upper

DoubleStar 16 Inch M4 Flattop

The 16" Double Star M4 Feedramp M4 profile barrel upper. Chambered 5.56, 1x9 twist, chrome moly barrel. Complete with bolt / carrier group and charging handle.

$465.00 - 1 currently in Stock

Total before tax/shipping/ffl transfer

$755

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.