????? what happened

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by winger, Feb 18, 2006.

1. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    while coyote hunting this evening i found seven turkey carcasses laying in a field. they had been there for awhile and the bones had been drug around by critters. can't figure out what happened. this field is viewable from the road but i sure can't see anyone getting seven of them from the road. they were all within a 35 to 40 yard area. then found another one in an adjoining field to this one in the same shape. can't figure out what happened to them. did manage to see a good size flock of live birds though.

2. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    Maybe a group of poachers in a pickup that counted to three and let 'em rip? Sounds fishy. Disturbing to say the least.

3. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Very odd, maybe poisoned?

4. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    hand grenade?

5. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

Lightening??????????? or could they have been dumped???

:cheers::cheers:

6. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Or one lucky bobcat/coyote....common killsight maybe....

OOORrrrrrrrrr, westnile...or bird flu....or madturkey disease???

7. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    Lightening (or even a hand grenade) seems to be alittle more plausable than my "poachers en mass" theory! :rotfl:

:smiley:

8. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    never thought of lightning, that is a possibility. don't think it is a predation problem or a dump site, they were almost to the back of an 40 acre field. don't think it was poachers either. you all are joking about hand grenades but you havn't seen the rednecks in my part of the country turkey hunt either. hand granades are just the beginning.:D

9. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Forget the hand gernade crap....break out the claymores!

10. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    Hmmm... If I had to guess I would think a dump sight..

"Hey Billy Bob... What the heck are we gonna do with all these turkeys?"

"Well, slow down... We can throw them in the back of that field where no one will see um!"

11. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    Did you report it to the MDC?

Considering all the hoopla with West Nile & the bird flu, that's what I would do...

12. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    chairman,

called the local sheriff's office and they passed it along to the area agent. hopefully they can rule out any disease. don't know what they can do with the state the carcasses were in.

13. timber_hippy77

timber_hippy77 New Member

Mar 12, 2006
    Nodaway County
    yep...sounds like a dump sight. I used to do bridge inspections out in the sticks. You would'nt believe the carcasses you find under bridges. We found 5 deer under one bridge with only the loins removed. 2 also were headless. Another time we found feed sacks stuffed with turk carcasses. Varmits had drug them out from under the bridge and the carcasses were scattered everywere :mad:

14. shortmag

shortmag New Member

Feb 22, 2006
    best educated guess I'd say.