Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have this guy on camera. What’s your thoughts on what happened? Think that antler is there to stay? Not a giant by any means but would for sure make a cool shoulder mount or euro at the least!

Vertebrate Nature People in nature Organism Grass

Flash photography Mesh Font Sky Grass

·
Under appreciated
92,426 Posts
Looks mature also. Fatty

·
Grand PooBah
1,786 Posts
i killed on like that in IL 20 years ago. I don't know what the cause was, but the locals had been seeing him in the fields and he was healthy.

·
Lunch break commander
8,616 Posts
Killed this one a few years ago. Deer seemed very healthy just had a goofy antler and a ridiculously long tail. Never seen another deer tail come anywhere close to how long it was.
Eye Jaw Wood Insect Bone

Bone Jaw Natural material Wood Plant
Plant Fawn Grass Terrestrial animal Adaptation

·
1,921 Posts
Deer Organism Natural material Style Elk

Black Deer Natural material Flash photography Fawn

We had one a few years back that we watched for several years. Surprisingly elusive. He went from fairly normal to completely jacked up and we found him dead and were able to inspect a bit. Turned out he must have had a bad drop early in his life and his pedicle just kept getting worse. When we found him dead, we could see where his antler/pedicle had separated and he ended up with a hole straight to his brain which I'm certain killed him (abscess). Very interesting to observe over the years

One from each year below
Head Elk Deer Organism Natural material
Black Deer Natural material Flash photography Fawn
Deer Organism Natural material Style Elk
Head Elk Deer Organism Natural material

1 - 8 of 8 Posts