What do you do?

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by Judah, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Judah

Judah Crossbow supporter

Oct 19, 2007
    Warren County
    You shot your archery buck already, do you continue to bowhunt up to rifle season or do you wait till rifle season so you don't have to watch another buck go by without being able to shoot?

2. Meller

Meller Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    If all stands are good to go for rifle season, I stay out of the woods these last 2 weeks. The bucks are going to be moving alot and no reason to bump one, or bump does and have the bucks follow them off the property.

3. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
  4. 20 feet high

20 feet high CROSSBOW HATER!

Feb 19, 2009
    I would ask to film a buddy hunting or duck hunt, no way I could take being out there now and not being able to shoot, for me it is hard enough to shoot a good one and be out of the game with any amount of days prior to firearms.

oh, I usaully don't have to worry about this situation!

5. callaojoe

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    BTW..... Did you score on a buck, I musta missed that.

6. Refuze2falo

Refuze2falo Plain White Cracker

Aug 13, 2008
    We are neighbors
    Last year I tagged a buck early and I just continued to hunt for does and packed my camera along. It was fun IMO. Yeah I saw 3 pretty good ones in doing so but sitting in the stand beats sitting at home.....I've never duck hunted

7. 20 feet high

Feb 19, 2009
    [rquote=1875993&tid=130669&author=callaojoe]BTW..... Did you score on a buck, I musta missed that.[/rquote]

cj, if your are talking to me I have not connected. I will be back at it tomorrow- Sunday. I hope to have an encounter with a very mature deer as we all do, then it will be up to me to make it happen.

8. Judah

Judah Crossbow supporter

Oct 19, 2007
    Warren County
    I have not been in this predicament before, just wondered. Maybe someday I will have to make a decision :thinking:
    Maybe today. :D I hope so.
    I think I would try to make the wife happy during that time till rifle season so I don't feel so bad making her a widow for a couple weeks... :shrug:

9. callaojoe

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    [rquote=1875999&tid=130669&author=20 feet high][rquote=1875993&tid=130669&author=callaojoe]BTW..... Did you score on a buck, I musta missed that.[/rquote]

cj, if your are talking to me I have not connected. I will be back at it tomorrow- Sunday. I hope to have an encounter with a very mature deer as we all do, then it will be up to me to make it happen.[/rquote]

I meant Judah, as he is the one that was askin the question.

I remember him stickin, but not finding one earlier this year, and was wondering if he had scored on him, as it sounded like he had survived.

Anyway, good luck to you, and all MWT members. Shoot be a great next 10 days or so.:2thumbsup:

10. 20 feet high

Feb 19, 2009
    [rquote=1876017&tid=130669&author=callaojoe][rquote=1875999&tid=130669&author=20 feet high][rquote=1875993&tid=130669&author=callaojoe]BTW..... Did you score on a buck, I musta missed that.[/rquote]

cj, if your are talking to me I have not connected. I will be back at it tomorrow- Sunday. I hope to have an encounter with a very mature deer as we all do, then it will be up to me to make it happen.[/rquote]

I meant Judah, as he is the one that was askin the question.

I remember him stickin, but not finding one earlier this year, and was wondering if he had scored on him, as it sounded like he had survived.

Anyway, good luck to you, and all MWT members. Shoot be a great next 10 days or so.:2thumbsup:[/rquote]

Thanks CJ, you too!

11. MOAB

MOAB Active Member

Aug 11, 2010
    [rquote=1875981&tid=130669&author=callaojoe]Shoot ducks.:D[/rquote]

X2

12. Judah

Judah Crossbow supporter

Oct 19, 2007
    Warren County
    [rquote=1876060&tid=130669&author=Merten][rquote=1875981&tid=130669&author=callaojoe]Shoot ducks.:D[/rquote]

X2[/rquote]

Never done that, wouldn't have the slightest idea what I'd be doing. Kinda scared to try it. My wife wouldn't be able to stand it if I liked it too. :whistle:

13. mathewsshooter89

mathewsshooter89 Active Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Osage County, Mo
    I just don't hunt or take my little brother and try to videotape him. I know if i set by myself this time of the year after i've already killed one i'll have a booner or something walk by.

14. Johnny

Johnny Crossbows!!!!

Sep 30, 2010
    Linn Co.
    I keep hunting , fill a couple of doe tags and stay on top of where the bucks are . I need to make sure I put the wife and kids in the right spot for rifle season .

I also try to get out with my brother and do some calling for him . One of these days he will put it all together and start shooting deer with his bow , but until then I try to help where I can .

15. callaojoe

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Everytime I've ever killed my buck with a bow, early in the season, or even late... I just can't bring myself to go sit in the woods with my bow anymore.... While, I like to kill some doe, and put em in the freezer, I usually do that with a rifle.

The anticipation is all gone, when all you can shoot is a doe. Prolly why I don't hunt antlerless season...:shrug: