Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have not duck hunted since I was a teen growing up in WA state.

I wanna try to hit the rivers and smaller ponds there in MO, specifically near the Fort LeonardWood area since I will be living there next year....
Hopefully I can get out; throw out a few decoys, use the groundblind and call a few in.

Give me some reviews on what decoys, calls, ect to buy or NOT buy?

Most likely will order some stuff from Wing Supply or Macks Prairie Wings off the net, I have always liked them......

·
Registered
404 Posts
You PCS'ing to Leonard Wood? Surely there are some duck hunters on post. Get yourself some GHG Hotbuys and a Vector call, cant go wrong there. Give me a shout before next season and you can tag along with me and my crew...if you don't mind hunting with an officer :D

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[rquote=1538380&tid=107082&author=S_Z_R]You PCS'ing to Leonard Wood? Surely there are some duck hunters on post. Get yourself some GHG Hotbuys and a Vector call, cant go wrong there. Give me a shout before next season and you can tag along with me and my crew...if you don't mind hunting with an officer :D[/rquote]

Not PCS'n...retiring. :cheers:
I was stationed there from 97-01 and being a Combat Engr, it was my home away from home. Gonna retire in the area in May and work on post.
I found some decoys on craigslist here, waiting for the guy to respond.
Thanks.....

·
Registered
19,796 Posts
[rquote=1538434&tid=107082&author=deerslayer75]for a call Id try Legacy Game Calls was 2007 call maker of the year and is from missouri has some great duck and goose calls and has them in tons of colors and camo designs.[/rquote]

Not the Little Easy ? :whistle:

I really like that call you sold me....:woot::wave:

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[rquote=1538434&tid=107082&author=deerslayer75]for a call Id try Legacy Game Calls was 2007 call maker of the year and is from missouri has some great duck and goose calls and has them in tons of colors and camo designs.[/rquote]

Cool stuff, I will check em out. :eek::

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
[rquote=1538445&tid=107082&author=knockemdeadd][rquote=1538434&tid=107082&author=deerslayer75]for a call Id try Legacy Game Calls was 2007 call maker of the year and is from missouri has some great duck and goose calls and has them in tons of colors and camo designs.[/rquote]

I really like that call you sold me....:woot::wave:[/rquote]

i actually just ordered 10 of those to sell at shows lol so yes i would also suggest that one

·
Registered
19,796 Posts
[rquote=1538467&tid=107082&author=deerslayer75][rquote=1538445&tid=107082&author=knockemdeadd][rquote=1538434&tid=107082&author=deerslayer75]for a call Id try Legacy Game Calls was 2007 call maker of the year and is from missouri has some great duck and goose calls and has them in tons of colors and camo designs.[/rquote]

i actually just ordered 10 of those to sell at shows lol so yes i would also suggest that one[/rquote]

I'd like to see it in the poly....will you be at the St Louis Boat Show?

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
[rquote=1538469&tid=107082&author=knockemdeadd][rquote=1538467&tid=107082&author=deerslayer75][rquote=1538445&tid=107082&author=knockemdeadd][rquote=1538434&tid=107082&author=deerslayer75]for a call Id try Legacy Game Calls was 2007 call maker of the year and is from missouri has some great duck and goose calls and has them in tons of colors and camo designs.[/rquote]

i actually just ordered 10 of those to sell at shows lol so yes i would also suggest that one[/rquote]

I'd like to see it in the poly....will you be at the St Louis Boat Show?[/rquote]

no i wont ill be at the deer classic though ill have a booth there

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have not been to the Deer Classic since 2000..............
I should be able to make this years if it is worth the drive.

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
[rquote=1538490&tid=107082&author=mdewitt71]I have not been to the Deer Classic since 2000..............
I should be able to make this years if it is worth the drive. [/rquote]

its being run by a new comittee and i know there putting a lot of effort into it to try and make it like it used to be

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.