1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Lunch break commander
8,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
besides ducks.

permits
typ of shells

I have a mosberg 835. can I just use my mod. choke that came with it. I dont think I can shoot steel through my trukey choke.

[Edited on 12-6-2009 by Pastor]

·
6,643 Posts
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

·
Registered
11,897 Posts
YOu only nead to go with me to Buismark lake. We will be land hunting so no nead for waders. Give me a call, we can go down one day in the week, not this coming week thouhg since wife works Mon threw sat ( thank good ness)

The way I figer it i can only be bad luck duck and goose hunting for so long. Eventually things will come together and ill get a duck and goose or two. Would be nice if it was on your first duck hunt. If you gun is a 12 ga i got 9 boxes of #2 3 inch shells you can use some of mine.

As long as u not mind walking 1 mile and a half to get to the honie feild.

·
Lunch break commander
8,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[rquote=1500158&tid=104676&author=kc704]$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$[/rquote]

that is gonna be a problem then:whinging:

·
Lunch break commander
8,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[rquote=1500161&tid=104676&author=Longbow26] YOu only nead to go with me to Buismark lake. We will be land hunting so no nead for waders. Give me a call, we can go down one day in the week, not this coming week thouhg since wife works Mon threw sat ( thank good ness)

The way I figer it i can only be bad luck duck and goose hunting for so long. Eventually things will come together and ill get a duck and goose or two. Would be nice if it was on your first duck hunt. If you gun is a 12 ga i got 9 boxes of #2 3 inch shells you can use some of mine.

As long as u not mind walking 1 mile and a half to get to the honie feild. [/rquote]

sounds like a plan to me.

You provid shells And I will proved the transpertation.

How long is season.

·
blu bogart
22,472 Posts
[rquote=1500159&tid=104676&author=greenheadsmoker613]steel number 2s duck stamp and migratory bird and your good to go [/rquote] dont forget the small game license:cheers:

G

·
[rquote=1500165&tid=104676&author=shawncat][rquote=1500159&tid=104676&author=greenheadsmoker613]steel number 2s duck stamp and migratory bird and your good to go [/rquote] dont forget the small game license:cheers:[/rquote]whoops:D i knew we kept you around for some reason

·
Lunch break commander
8,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[rquote=1500168&tid=104676&author=greenheadsmoker613][rquote=1500165&tid=104676&author=shawncat][rquote=1500159&tid=104676&author=greenheadsmoker613]steel number 2s duck stamp and migratory bird and your good to go [/rquote] dont forget the small game license:cheers:[/rquote]whoops:D i knew we kept you around for some reason [/rquote]

already have the small game.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
a boat and some labs

·
Lunch break commander
8,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[rquote=1500171&tid=104676&author=Joeyman]a boat and some labs[/rquote]

got an old john boat but no labs.

·
Registered
11,897 Posts
Well we are in the midle season Jan 3rd if memory serves me rt. But second youth seaosn is the first week end of Jan so No one will see me duck hunting.

·
Registered
11,897 Posts
[rquote=1500173&tid=104676&author=Pastor][rquote=1500171&tid=104676&author=Joeyman]a boat and some labs[/rquote]

got an old john boat but no labs.[/rquote]

O snap why we considerring walking 1 mile and half if you got a boat? Hehe. In order to put in on Conservation waters it neads to have boat tag or registration thing. Besides that a moter which i own a 20 pound thrust troling motor.

I might own enouf berlap to cover the shiny parts of the boat with.

I got acess to a super mojo with remot i can barrow for rest of season.

I warn you i not know how to call to well and have only pass shot at ducks and geese. Never seen a cuped and comited duck or goose yet.

·
Registered
9,727 Posts
I want to stop seeing guys say that you need $$$$$ to duck hunt. It really erks me. If you or anyone wants to see waht duck hunting is like. Find a group of fellas that hunt already and ask if you could come see. I personnally don't know one real ducker that would say nope sorry not gonna show you what its all about. I just took a guy from church on this past friday and let's just say he was amazed what he seen and I still am hearing about how much fun he had. If you find such folks out there like this. It will cost very little just tags and ammo. Looks like 31$ in tags will do it. Ammo is lookin like 13$ a box you have a meat stick. You now sir are ready to hunt. To see a birds acrobatic ability is priceless and speechless. I don't recall where you live pastor,but the birds are finally movin in and you will be startin at a good time of the season. This place has some folks that know some duck watchin skills for sure. As genorous as these folks are you will have a chance to kill some ducks. Good luck sir. The first thing you need is tags and then comes the cold slushy water and stacks of quack.

·
Registered
11,897 Posts
He lives here in Farmington as well.

Reactions: Pastor

·
6,643 Posts
[rquote=1500308&tid=104676&author=ducks1]I want to stop seeing guys say that you need $$$$$ to duck hunt. It really erks me. [/rquote]

Everything takes $$$ plain and simple. Doesn't matter what kind of hunting you want to do. None of it is free.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
[rquote=1500308&tid=104676&author=ducks1]I want to stop seeing guys say that you need $$$$$ to duck hunt. It really erks me. If you or anyone wants to see waht duck hunting is like. Find a group of fellas that hunt already and ask if you could come see. I personnally don't know one real ducker that would say nope sorry not gonna show you what its all about. I just took a guy from church on this past friday and let's just say he was amazed what he seen and I still am hearing about how much fun he had. If you find such folks out there like this. It will cost very little just tags and ammo. Looks like 31$ in tags will do it. Ammo is lookin like 13$ a box you have a meat stick. You now sir are ready to hunt. To see a birds acrobatic ability is priceless and speechless. I don't recall where you live pastor,but the birds are finally movin in and you will be startin at a good time of the season. This place has some folks that know some duck watchin skills for sure. As genorous as these folks are you will have a chance to kill some ducks. Good luck sir. The first thing you need is tags and then comes the cold slushy water and stacks of quack. [/rquote]

Well said :cheers:

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
[rquote=1500310&tid=104676&author=kc704][rquote=1500308&tid=104676&author=ducks1]I want to stop seeing guys say that you need $$$$$ to duck hunt. It really erks me. [/rquote]

Everything takes $$$ plain and simple. Doesn't matter what kind of hunting you want to do. None of it is free.[/rquote]
Nope not free but dang sure shouldn't hafta take out a second mortgage just to see if you like it.
That'll come later after you get addicted... :rof2: :rof2:

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Pastor, you really dont need as much as you would think... Your normal camo would work fine, however a waterproof layer would help. Waders, and I would put a modified choke in your turkey gun... However I would check for your plug...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts