what did yah see tonight

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by coyotehunter, Oct 27, 2010.

1. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    got to watch 12 does and two little bucks,nothing BIG though:cheers:their flat putting a hurt on the trees around though

2. cardiackiller

cardiackiller New Member

Nov 17, 2009
    SW(land of giants)
    Filmed a nice 8 and some does tonight no big boys though!
    It's gettin close!!!

3. Scrub Buck Hunter

Scrub Buck Hunter New Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Jefferson City, Mo
    Watched a small 7 chase a doe out at Reform.

4. centralMOhntr

centralMOhntr Active Member

Jul 26, 2008
    SWMO
    saw a nice 11pt beded down with a doe. We watched him laying down at about 40 yards and didnt have a care in the world until the doe took off:claphands:

5. MO Deer Slayer

MO Deer Slayer New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    bean field near you
    Didn't see a thing but normal for my neck of the woods

6. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    Once again just a couple of does....no bucks.

7. 160983

160983 Guest

Watched 6 does and listened to a buck rubbing a tree somewhere.
    Saw nine tails 200 yds from my truck walking out in the dark. Cursed them in an aggressive manner. :mad2:

On the highway home at 65mph saw an 8pt turn his head sideways in the ditch by a hedgerow.:eek: I hit my brakes so hard the abs kicked in and hit him at 15mph.

I then watched him skid about 15 yds on hwy a, roll into the ditch, hop the fence and run into a cut corn field. :wave:

Stopped to check my truck and only had some deer hair sticking to the dead bugs.:claphands:

8. This morning I saw 5 bucks and 1 doe. rattled in one of the nice bucks I have trail cam pics of into 15 yards. as i turned around to hang up my horns he was running in on the ridge behind me. I had an opportunity to shoot him but opted not to. he is only 3.5 and would push 140 but he made it thru last year cause my buddy passed him at 125 and if he makes it thru this year who knos what he could be next year!!

This evening watched two little bucks chase two does around the bottom like some teenagers at a high school football game and has two does come under the stand rite at dark

9. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    i seen a bald eagle on the way home from picking the boy up from daycare. seen my kids and wife for about an hour before i came to work. pretty productive night.:cheers:

10. jolle

jolle Member

Nov 9, 2006
    Troy, MO
    Dad called me at 6:35PM, big buck down. Only deer he saw, grunted him in . . . said he was cruisin for the does. Will have some pics up here pretty soon.

11. goosekilla

goosekilla Senior Member

Dec 9, 2008
    west of STL
    I seen my kids playin soccer in my back yard. Different story for tonight though!!!

12. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Watching wallpaper go up on the wall.

13. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    [rquote=1867162&tid=129976&author=venatic]Watching wallpaper go up on the wall.[/rquote]watching eh.i watched border come down in the kitchen:Dnow i guess i will watch it go up:D

14. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

[rquote=1867174&tid=129976&author=coyotehunter][rquote=1867162&tid=129976&author=venatic]Watching wallpaper go up on the wall.[/rquote]watching eh.i watched border come down in the kitchen:Dnow i guess i will watch it go up:D[/rquote]
    It was a little more than watching. I'm glad this morning it decided to stay up.:D

15. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    I saw zero deer yesterday. Terrible day.

16. seth_turner_04

seth_turner_04 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Owensville, MO
    I saw two does and two younguns out my bedroom window eating some oats 200 yards away. Be a good shot with the deer rifle in a few weeks. :D

17. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    Saw 8. 2 young bucks. Passed a doe. All of these deer were bedded. Busted the does off bed & they came back & stayed in the same basic area till dark. Never saw a single deer move into the area & I could see a good long ways in 3 directions.

18. pikecountymonsters288

pikecountymonsters288 New Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Frankford, MO
    i seen a nice 8 point but a little outta range but that was it for this morning.
    :thinking:

19. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Active Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Got two watch 25 pounds of deer go through the slicer and into the jerky marinade.