Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,294 Posts
Both! Never know when you might need a backup gun.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Ya got the right answer....And I would use the gun that you shoot best for your number one choice...it's all about the shot placement!!!

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
I agree with everyone else. Take both. I am a big fan of the .30-06 and full power loads with 180gr bullets for big deer.

Jack

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
either gun is a good choice, taking both is smart...two of the best whitetail calibers of all time. Out of the two I am partial to the .270

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
30.06, there are far more load options and has a little more knock down power to put those big Canada deer on the meat pole. I am also hunting Canada this year, where are you headed and when? I will be shooting a .300 Mag. I know it's overkill but I shoot it well and like the extra ft lbs of knock down.

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Go with the 30.06.... no question in my mind!!! :D

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
yeah no way would i make a trip like that with out at least one back up gun at the camp.

use the one you shoot the best there both adquate......but i still favor my 7mm.....sorry some one was going to say it sooner or later.

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
Originally posted by huntforfunnfood
yeah no way would i make a trip like that with out at least one back up gun at the camp.

use the one you shoot the best there both adquate......but i still favor my 7mm.....sorry some one was going to say it sooner or later.
I like my 7 also!!

Yea... I guess whichever you shoot the best as your primary. But, I'd make sure that you shoot the '06 best! :D

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
Take both and a camera!:cheers:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.