Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1841 - 1860 of 1884 Posts

·
Under appreciated
89,149 Posts
I’ve never been a huge zeppelin fan but I always appreciated the fact that it is complicated music to play but easy to listen to. I think a lot of rock musicians dont get credit for how intricate the music actually is. Forget about it with Neal peart … you just cannot create the stuff he and rush did.

Reactions: 421sd

·
Part-time malcontent
7,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,847 ·
I’ve never been a huge zeppelin fan but I always appreciated the fact that it is complicated music to play but easy to listen to. I think a lot of rock musicians dont get credit for how intricate the music actually is. Forget about it with Neal peart … you just cannot create the stuff he and rush did.

I AM a Zeppelin fan, and they made the right decision that the band was over when John B died. Even the Celebration Day reunion they did in 2007? with Jason Bonham....Jason was good, but not his dad.

Neal Peart, amazing, and I'm fortunate to have seen them live in their heyday. The fact that he wrote and arranged most of the music they produced only further illustrates the giant talent he was.

I've discussed the following two guys before, but I'll bring them up again.

Billy Cobham is the most amazing drummer almost no one has heard of. His work with Mahavishnu Orchestra is off the charts. The beginning and ending flourishes in this song are bonkers.

Jack Dejohnette is my favorite jazz drummer. In this performance he displays his complete mastery of the sticks n skins. If you watch him playing in this video he doesn't appear to be doing a whole lot, but if you listen to what he's doing it's incredible. Just sooooo smooth. This is an all-star superband I wish I could have seen.

·
Under appreciated
89,149 Posts
VERY good posts... I'll just mention buddy rich as well.

I've been listening to a lot of Tool as well since it came up here. Danny Carey is unbelievable, and that music is so tight. People are TRYING to emulate Justin Gunnar bass licks also..
Very good stuff and love this thread

Reactions: 421sd

·
Part-time malcontent
7,352 Posts
1841 - 1860 of 1884 Posts