Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

1801 - 1817 of 1817 Posts

·
Under appreciated
86,837 Posts
The Sportsman’s Friend. Remember that show when I was a kid.

Reactions: 421sd

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Listened to a little of Chevelle. It’s aaaiiight. Never figured you for a TOOL guy though. One of the most technical bands out there. Lyrics are a little rough at times. But killer riffs.

·
Part-time malcontent
7,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,805 ·
Listened to a little of Chevelle. It’s aaaiiight. Never figured you for a TOOL guy though. One of the most technical bands out there. Lyrics are a little rough at times. But killer riffs.
I have a wide variety of tastes.

·
Part-time malcontent
7,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,809 ·
Agreed.

Not sure why they made the tracks so long on this last album. Pretty much guaranteed little airplay, but the music industry has changed and maybe they don't care about being on the old-fashioned radio now?

·
Under appreciated
86,837 Posts
Not sure why they made the tracks so long on this last album. Pretty much guaranteed little airplay, but the music industry has changed and maybe they don't care about being on the old-fashioned radio now?
Sometimes I think truly creative groups dont care about airplay. And I also think truly creative and pioneering groups are between styles so much that they really dont fit a format for radio... in between somewhere.

I think it was Roger Waters one time interviewed and asked why in the world he would release an album with a single song the only track on side two. He supposedly said something like “I guess we weren’t done making our musical point”... something like that. Echoes turned out to be a great decision though I dont think it really got too much if any airplay but Meddle is still one of my favorite albums and the “ear under water” sold a lot of copies.

Tool is heady stuff for sure.

Reactions: 421sd

·
Part-time malcontent
7,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,816 ·
I bought this album new when it came out. I've never heard a song off it played on the radio. Such a shame. This is not every song on the album, just my favorites, but everything on the album is good stuff. This is one of those albums produced by an aging or mature artist that displays talent and perspective the artist did not have as a younger person. One thing I've always marveled about with Neil Young is his ability to play rhythm and lead guitar at the same time. This is a masterpiece album.

1801 - 1817 of 1817 Posts