Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the elevator to pick up some " bin run" wheat for my food plots and guess what ? I am too late . They had bagged up 4000 lbs. but had sold out . I guess I am going to have to be a little quicker next year . Instead of paying about $3.50 a bushel I had to buy seed wheat at $10.00 . Anyway .......... this nice young man at the counter asked me if I would like to try some BOB OATS . I have never heard of them but he said that they are deer candy . I bought a bag and will plant them on a patch of ground that is close to the house so I can watch it .
Any body know what this stuff is ?

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
I'd imagine that it's a variety of oats that a guy named Bob Bridegroom has cultivated.

But I ain't positive.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Bob Oats come fromn Stuttgart Arkansas. They are a winter hardy oat variety that act much like winter wheat does. Deer love it. Second best food plot crop I ever used. Much better for deer than any other oats I know of, and we used about 20 different types.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Originally posted by Hayzer
I'd imagine that it's a variety of oats that a guy named Bob Bridegroom has cultivated.

But I ain't positive.
I was kidding.............It's a joke, I never intended to poke fun at Bob................

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
lmao :banghead::banghead::banghead:
:toilet:I cant beleive you would do that to him he wopuld never do anything like that to you :D

·
Navy/Air Force/Army
17,249 Posts
Yep, I put in Bob oats last week. Probably similar to Buck oats but 1/2 the price. I've tried MFA's winter oats, only to have them turn brown after it got cold. I'm hoping for better results.

·
Registered
135 Posts
We had over 20 acres of them in in four plots. The deer kept them mowed flat well into the spring. Number one food source for pregnant does that you can put out that I know of. I wish I could get about 4 bags somewhere close by! Alfalfa is a better draw, but the Bob Oats are top hard times food source that we ever used.

·
just a no body
15,608 Posts
:eek:better put them in the slug stand bottom..would'nt want to waste them in the big bottom .

I'm trying to find the guy that gave Robgander the wheat last year...just bladed part of his road today & he's got a helper running beans to the local bio deasil place so hopefully I'll see him tommorrow maybe we can get some of the bottom of the bin stuff again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.