What a waste.

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by Kevin13, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Kevin13

Kevin13 New Member

Nov 6, 2007
    Wentzville, MO
    :mad2:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/multimedia/birds-nest/article_37815884-e2e2-11df-89c1-00127992bc8b.html

"Voting has ended tonight. The birdline is: Cull of the wild

Town and Country has argued for years over the best way to reduce its growing deer population. One camp has supported sterilization to save the animals. Another has said a professional should be hired to cull the herd.

This year, the St. Louis County suburb didn't have enough money in its budget to cover expenses for any method. So city officials put it to a vote of residents' wallets, staff writer Stephen Deere reports. The city would use the method proposed by the group that came up with the money to pay for it.

The group that wants to sterilize deer needed ro raise $33,800 to sterilize about 25 deer. Those who want them gone needed $20,000 to kill 60 of them.

Both sides came up with the money, so the city will hire a contractor to do both. The programs are expected to start in December."

2. 20 feet high

20 feet high CROSSBOW HATER!

Feb 19, 2009
    I don't have the energy to rip on stupid people tonight!! sterilization:claphands:

3. 90acres

90acres Senior Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Wardsville
    I think that's good, until they have to cough up that much money in a couple years again. Then in a couple more years, do it all over.

4. Shrapnel

Shrapnel Active Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Imperial MO
    I would have killed 60 of them for $19,999.00

5. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Active Member

Apr 18, 2006
    The deer eat all my Mom's hostas and my folks would love to thin the herd a little, but they can't.

6. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    20 grand to kill 60 deer:confused:

7. 90acres

90acres Senior Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Wardsville
    [rquote=1868886&tid=130101&author=DADAKOTA]The deer eat all my Mom's hostas and my folks would love to thin the herd a little, but they can't.[/rquote]

Did your Mom have to chip in?

8. BioBuck

BioBuck Active Member

[rquote=1868867&tid=130101&author=20 feet high]I don't have the energy to rip on stupid people tonight!! sterilization:claphands:[/rquote]

:rof2::rof2::rof2: :2thumbsup:

9. Kevin13

Kevin13 New Member

Nov 6, 2007
    Wentzville, MO
    Just seems like a waste of money to me. At least open it up to bowhunting first and based on success rate, then take other measures if needed. :shrug:

10. BioBuck

BioBuck Active Member

[rquote=1868887&tid=130101&author=winger]20 grand to kill 60 deer:confused:[/rquote]

No doubt, give me the tags and I will do it for FREE!!!!!!!

11. keithk

keithk New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    They are a bunch of idiots. WHy spend that much when they could open up to bowhunters for nothing, just have to pass an ordinance. :soapbox::soapbox:

12. The reason killing them is so high is disposal. They will burn them whols just like they hit the ground. Be a shame to raise revenue and let people by tags for a managed hunt to control the numbers, and actuyally put the meat to use. We are talking about a goverment type situation, so who is suprised?

13. Heeler75

Heeler75 Confirmed Bachelor

Feb 10, 2008
    Over Yonder Way
    [rquote=1868887&tid=130101&author=winger]20 grand to kill 60 deer:confused:[/rquote]

No kidding!!!

I'm figuring it's all in the paperwork. Winger, I bet you could take your worst day of reports and triple it for the amount of time and paperwork that would go into this hunt. Probably where most of the money is going. :cheers:

14. 90acres

90acres Senior Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Wardsville
    Aint no reason to get upset about it folks, they been throwing money at it for years now. It must be a pretty rich neighborhood.

Personally I think it's comical the money they waste with little or no results.

15. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    i tell you what. even though i am against killin does, this sounds like an emergency. they can give me 10 grand, now that's half price. i will take a few weeks off work and kill 60 does for them. just point me in the right direction and give my the money. now that's a bargain:D

16. Rich neighborhood is an understatement

17. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Active Member

Apr 18, 2006
    [rquote=1868888&tid=130101&author=90acres][rquote=1868886&tid=130101&author=DADAKOTA]The deer eat all my Mom's hostas and my folks would love to thin the herd a little, but they can't.[/rquote]

Did your Mom have to chip in?[/rquote]

Heck no. She won't pay into that. She'd have me whack them with my bow first.

18. Aint that where rat lives? :D

19. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

[rquote=1868861&tid=130101&author=Kevin13]:mad2:

"Voting has ended tonight. The birdline is: Cull of the wild

[/rquote]

What does birdline mean? I've heard that term before. :shrug:

20. BILLYGOAT

BILLYGOAT New Member

why is it a waste?its not tax payers money..its not your money..its not my money..if they wanna waste there money on something that is going t o do absolutly no go i say go for it:cheers: