What a waste!

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by kc704, Oct 26, 2010.

1. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Missouri
    Got to my farm this morning and hiked back to my #3 stand where I had my decoy hidden in the brush (it's a pain to drag in and out every time), jumped a fawn on my way in as well as about 15 woodies. I had stuck my Vector in my pocket in case I jumped a buck and needed to grunt. Well, got about halfway back to my pack when I realized the Vector was M.I.A. Dumped the decoy and hoofed it back to #3. Found Vector hanging of some understory. Got back to the decoy and crossed the creek. Bout busted my tail getting up the other bank. Noticed I lost a rather big tree I had a no trespassing sign on. Got to #4 and set up the decoy. Got to the base of my tree and the decoy fell over. Went back and set him up again and had to reattach a leg (poor design IMO) then I climbed up my tree and realized I had forgotten to put my harness on. Tree was swaying pretty good so I hurriedly put it on. Pulled my bow up and the decoy fell over again. Decided I was getting down before my luck ran out. Hid the decoy again and gonna hope for a calmer morning tomorrow.

2. 20 feet high

20 feet high CROSSBOW HATER!

Feb 19, 2009
    busy start to your sit:D

3. Mastevt

Mastevt Strutt Buster

Apr 16, 2009
    Grain Valley
    yea, I was gonna go out this morning, but decided not as to the wind.

4. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Missouri
    Saw a half dozen turkeys so I decided to put the sneaky sneak on them with my shotgun. Didn't get a shot, but jumped two monster does when I got back up by my truck. Now I know where they hole up during the day.

5. Tank

Tank New Member

Dec 10, 2006
    Keytesville Sorta
    That is my kind of luck right there!

6. ImADoeBuster

ImADoeBuster New Member

Sep 14, 2003
    Jefferson City
    Why hunt less than 100 yards from your vehicle? They know when you get there cause they hear you and they know when you walk away from your vehicle as they are prolly hunkered down in the brush watching you they know they are safe to do their things they do right close to the vehicle :claphands::mad2::wave:

7. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    don't know how many times i walk back to the truck and their just milling around.thinking about making me a blind a that looks like the truck:D

8. Ghost Hunter

Ghost Hunter Active Member

Jan 3, 2003
    They are just nosey females that come to investigate the new object-Kill em all

:rof2:

9. Trad-hunter

Trad-hunter Active Member

Oct 22, 2007
    S W Mo.
    Man I have had those mornings! Nothing seems to go right. Very frustrating!

10. Chris Russell

Chris Russell Senior Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Nixa, MO
    GOOD>>>> I am not the only one who has problems in the woods from time to time... LOL :claphands: