What a S.O.B.

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by KChunter, Apr 24, 2006.

1. KChunter

KChunter Senior Member

I set up a blind a few weeks back for my dad to turkey hunt in. He's got a neurological disease that affects his balance and speach, but not desire to turkey hunt. So, this morning we walk back in to where I placed the blind, and all be dam if some S.O.B. had stolen it. Mind you this is on private property. As it got light I could see the tire tracks in the field going right by where the blind was. What kind of a no good S.O.B. steals another mans turkey blind?

We still managed a good hunt - had several birds working and one snuck in and gobbled about 15 yards behind us. I could see him to shoot, but the old man couldn't get turned. I has success on two birds in Kansas this year already, so I let him walk with the hope he'd circle around in front - needless to say, that didn't happen.

2. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

:cool3: I hate thieves. But then again, I wouldn't let my blind OR deer stand sit two weeks ANYWHERE before a season started.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck, hopefully it's a bad joke being played on you by a family member.

3. KChunter

KChunter Senior Member

Two things:

One, I hunt on family owned private property. Two, a certain member of the family is the judge of the county and lives on site. I have left ladder stands around field edges for years and never had problems. In fact, I've never even had a trespasser, not even a random boot print. So, I had no worries about leaving my blind up.

4. BIG OL AL

BIG OL AL New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    High Ridge MO
    What a shame! I have been very lucky with not get any stands or blinds stolen so far. I made one last year out of 2x4's & plywood. I guess if some one really wanted it they could get it out of the woods and get it in a truck. But I think it would take either two very strong men or 4 little guys. No one is living on the property right now because the house burned to the ground. The owner still stays up there once in a while in a bus. I hate to hear that some one spoiled your plans. Maybe next year you can make a real heavy blind that no one will just pick up and take. I took mine in the field/woods in pieces then put it together.
    Good luck to you and your dad. I imagine you will still get one eventually.

5. Hannibal

Hannibal Senior Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Greene county
    was it a pop up blind??? what kind?? sorry to hear about the theft..........low life scumm will get theirs someday.

6. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

never ceases to amaze me how low some one can go..they'll get theirs someday.

7. KChunter

KChunter Senior Member

It was a pop up. It was on sale at Dick's so not a huge hit money wise - just chaps me more than anything.

8. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    Sorry to hear 'bout the stolen blind...