Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my buddy out for his first yote hunt this morning. Called for about 45 minutes in the wind, fog, and rain. We didn't see a thing......until we turned off the caller and out jumped a bobcat at 15 yards. I told him if it would have been 6 days earlier i would have had my first cat. I have only seen three in my life and this was my first called in, so a pretty good morning.

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
Me thinks somebody missed their chance for their first cat...

·
Registered
795 Posts
Ummmmmm.....I hate to be the first to inform you of this, but you can take bobcats up until Jan 31st when furbearing season ends. :whinging:

On the flip side, cats don't have a memory...go back and call again tomorrow and kill him dead! Good luck

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Bummer, should have whacked him, but better safe than sorry.:cheers:

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
[rquote=1561932&tid=108633&author=Mojorisin]Bummer, should have whacked him, but better safe than sorry.:cheers:[/rquote]

Exactly. Sure would hate it, but you wouldn't be able to do anything with it anyway IF the season had ended. I say kudos. You made a good call. Hope you get another whack at him and I hope there's one for your buddy too. :cheers:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.