Well This bug is still hanging on

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by Big John, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Big John

Big John New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    After 7wks of coughing so bad I broke a blood vessel in my right eye, I finally gave in and saw the Doctor today, told him my story and he did the listen to the lungs thingy and said Pneumonia so I am on Doxycycline Hyclate 100 mg. Twice a day for 10 days and an inhaler because my lungs are spazing evertime I cough. Then after I said I have been told I am a stubborn sob he replied " you will probably get better despite US.....lol" I laughed.

2. Big John

Big John New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    Been on the pills for 4 days now and I must say I am not impressed, coughing seems to be worse even though more productive......is there a Medicine Man in the house....

3. 1FastCam

1FastCam New Member

Nov 25, 2002
    CT
    Oh man. Probably wont start feeling much better until the latter part of the meds. Pneumonia sucks!
    The wife had it last year and it lasted for almost a month. Hope ya get to feelin better John.:cheers:

4. Big John

Big John New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    Thanks Bud, it is funny I never felt bad really, just a darn cough and some fever about 4 week ago and that was it. I wouldn't have seen the Doctor except I cough blood on Wednesday and that was that.....kind shook me up a bit apparently I am no long Superman..........

5. yankee

yankee Senior Member

sounds like you need to get a breathing treatment, doing so help cough that junk up

6. 1FastCam

1FastCam New Member

Nov 25, 2002
    CT
    Happens to the best of us man. My wife actually was having the same coughing for about a month before she went to the doctor. Had her on pretty heavy antibiotics just because it had gotten so bad before she went to the doctor.

We sure aint as young as we used to be thats for sure.:cheers:

7. yankee

yankee Senior Member

[rquote=1871856&tid=130067&author=1FastCam]Happens to the best of us man. My wife actually was having the same coughing for about a month before she went to the doctor. Had her on pretty heavy antibiotics just because it had gotten so bad before she went to the doctor.

We sure aint as young as we used to be thats for sure.:cheers:[/rquote] IM YOUNG:whistle:

8. Big John

Big John New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    [rquote=1871856&tid=130067&author=1FastCam]Happens to the best of us man. My wife actually was having the same coughing for about a month before she went to the doctor. Had her on pretty heavy antibiotics just because it had gotten so bad before she went to the doctor.

We sure aint as young as we used to be thats for sure.:cheers:[/rquote]I heard that, feeling older everyday......

9. 1FastCam

1FastCam New Member

Nov 25, 2002
    CT
    [rquote=1871857&tid=130067&author=yankee][rquote=1871856&tid=130067&author=1FastCam]Happens to the best of us man. My wife actually was having the same coughing for about a month before she went to the doctor. Had her on pretty heavy antibiotics just because it had gotten so bad before she went to the doctor.

We sure aint as young as we used to be thats for sure.:cheers:[/rquote] IM YOUNG:whistle:[/rquote]

Im just a pup.:D

10. Big John

Big John New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    Well breathing seems to be getting better but, the coughing is not!

11. Big John

Big John New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    On my last days pills and I am glad, the cough is finally subsiding and I can smell things again.......feel like $999,999.99