Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hunted Buismark lake today. I arrived at 4am and was on stand location littel after 5 30am. I maneged to sit in location till 2 30pm. I had intended to hunt till nihgt fall but I tosed in the towel and slowly walked out. I arrived at truck at 4pm. A heated veicle never felt so good.

Only thing I saw today was leaves blowing around and my breath.

·
Registered
4,621 Posts
Dang,A guy would really have to hate deer to be out on a day like this..lol.You deserve the biggest doe in the woods for being out today.

·
Biology nit wit exposer
81,172 Posts
Thats why I normally sleep in and hunt afternoons when its really cold. I have my best luck catching them going to food in the late afternoons.

You were tough to be on stand that long on a day like today.:bowing:

:cheers::cheers:

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,684 Posts
Tough day to be out. Wonder ya didn't get frostbit. Myself? I never got dressed. Only went out 3 times to fill the wood stove all day.

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
You are tougher than I am. Don't think I have enough cloths to spend that many hours in the stand on a day like today:bowing::bowing::bowing:

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
You are one tough guy to stick it out that long on a day like this one. My butt stayed in where it was warm.

·
2,842 Posts
I also hunted morning and evening today no movement at all. Tough day, wing was killer in Sedlaia. Darn squirels didn't even come out to play. I sure wanted to fill that gun tag with a nanny. Oh well, time for the PSE.

·
Registered
11,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My Deufold artic waight longjons sweat pants and sweat shirt over that and my Walls insulated cover alls over that. Whool socks and insulated boots and wholl glove and whool beene cap with my fleece balcava over that. I stoped fealing my toes after a few hrs. But Wanted a terky so badly I just ignord the toes.
By noon I was making my self sit 10 more minuts untill at 2 30 I count convince my self to sit any longer and packed up.

I eventually took off my boots and put on another pair of whool socks and jsut left boots off.

When I got home my wife said i was crazzy for sitting out there that long, let alone for even going out. But she ran me a hot bath to get in and gave me a hug. So i guess she wont divorce me over it.

·
Under appreciated
88,168 Posts
Cold is the word... good on ya longbow.. bigger man than me for sure. :wave:

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
im not so sure tough or brave is what i would call sitting outside all day

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
Originally posted by pinwheel
Tough day to be out. Wonder ya didn't get frostbit. Myself? I never got dressed. Only went out 3 times to fill the wood stove all day.
you filled the woodstove in the nude:eek::eek::eek:

·
Lunch break commander
8,340 Posts
Originally posted by Jeremy
:eek:eek::eek:

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Originally posted by Jeremy
:hysterical: Not!! a picture I wanted in my head. Would be like on Seinfeld, when George has the lady walk in on him in his birthday suit, "It was cold, it's shrinkage." :hysterical: Had to fill the furnace three times today too, waiting till 10 to fill it for the night.

·
PURE KILLER
37,998 Posts
Originally posted by ymurf
Dang,A guy would really have to hate deer to be out on a day like this..lol.You deserve the biggest doe in the woods for being out today.
:cheers:

·
Registered
11,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by coyotehunter
Originally posted by ymurf
:cheers:
on the contrary, we love venisen meet.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I got ready to go today, but I'm nursing a sinus infection and think I might be gettin bronchitis or something, so I never made it out in the morning. This afternoon I drove down into the field, it was 10 degrees and the wind was howling through our valley. I took a walk down the treeline and back, and sat in the truck with the heater on and my NRA magazine till dark.

Being sick is the pits. Being sick on the last day of gun season with only one deer in the freezer really makes me feel lower than whale s**t. Could be worse I guess.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I was out last night in the cold and wind also. It wasn't bad except for my feet got cold.

I saw nothing though!

Maybe tonight will be better.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts