Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· PURE KILLER
38,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: Vector

15,023 Posts
Are there very many walleye at MTL or I should say is the fishing good there for walleye?

· PURE KILLER
38,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah I hear the fields north west of mexico are just white front them yesterday.
There are walleye in the lake some people can catch them I am one of them that cant :D I can catch them in the creeks that feed in to it though.

· PURE KILLER
38,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here is a look at the current snow pack across the U.S. Not looking good for the Mississippi river this spring.

*From the NWS St. Louis*

The spring flood threat continues to increase, especially along the Mississippi River. Multiple locations have exceeded 60% probabilities for major flooding to occur within the next few months.

The spring flood outlook has been updated and can be viewed at https://www.weather.gov/lsx/springfloodoutlook

15,023 Posts
I grew up catching w
Better to travel further north if you're chasing Walleye. Wherever you end up, they'll tell you to go even further north for the good Walleye fishing :).
Walleye guys from up north would flock to the lakes in Kansas especially the first of June when the walleye are on the flats of 3-8 feet of water. Lakes like Glen Elder, Kanopolis Cheeny are all great walleye lakes. Well probably Geln Elder aka Lake Waconda.
I out fished Harold Ensley when he was fishing at Kanopolis one spring, he was throwing his "reaper" he an his cameraman were wading an kept scooting closer as my brother and I were catching quite a few walleye

Thinking about doing some more fishing and trying to find places to go before i jump in again. Not a cast bass fisherman. Sold my boat and all my fishing gear a few years ago. Hows the Blue fishing at MTL.

Reactions: jehrbo

· Gentry County, NE KS
1,016 Posts
Better to travel further north if you're chasing Walleye. Wherever you end up, they'll tell you to go even further north for the good Walleye fishing :).
When we were younger we would spend a long nite in the canadian bar near the lake we were fishing. Every year we would ask some guy where the good fishing was. They all had the same answer......up north. No lie.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.