Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
White Board Man
14,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I\'ve been holding off speaking but..........

all this UFC talk has me fired up again, that and if I say it out loud I won't be as likely to punk out and not do it. Was invited a few weeks ago so I have been thinking hard about it.

I have been invited and have the chance to train with a camp just north of Moberly a bit.

I am really excited but nervous, I am an old fart, lazy to boot and haven't done anything like this since 95'. SHould be a great experience for me.

Like I said maybe if I put it out in the open, besides my family, I won't be as likely to not take this opportunity.

Anywho :woot:

·
Under appreciated
88,095 Posts
Go getem blevely!

·
King of Callaway
42,625 Posts
You do that then this summer I'll set ya out at a certain spot on the river and drive the boat around you and we'll find out if you learned anything :rof2::rof2::rof2:

·
White Board Man
14,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Friend of mine's first fight is Jan 16th at the Blue Note

·
Registered
38,389 Posts
Originally posted by fishshooter
You do that then this summer I'll set ya out at a certain spot on the river and drive the boat around you and we'll find out if you learned anything :rof2::rof2::rof2:
Sounds like some ******* Karate Kid training....LOL:rock:

·
King of Callaway
42,625 Posts
Originally posted by fireman_3311
Sounds like some ******* Karate Kid training....LOL:rock:
It's more Amrish handfishing :D

·
King of Callaway
42,625 Posts
When do ya start Blev, what's the wife gonna think of it :roll2:

·
Registered
18,246 Posts
definately go train with em Blev. I had the chance a few years ago to train with a good friend of mine who offered some MMA classes. I did it just for myself never had any thoughts of competing or anything like that. It was fun and will let you know real quick if its something you want to pursue or not.
In Donnies classes cardio training and strength training were seperate. this was strickly submission and striking training. A wrestling back ground was very helpful and I wasnt the only old fart in there.

·
Baller, shot caller
11,063 Posts
Heck, if nothing else, it'll be a good way to get back in shape and I'm sure more fun than hitting the gym.

Go get 'em, Blev.

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
go to blev, that way you can add a couple more years till your son can kick your butt :eek::

·
White Board Man
14,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
When do ya start Blev, what's the wife gonna think of it :roll2:
I told them Feb 1, was supposed to be right after archery season ended ( a guy has to have his priorities straight) but I pushed it back a bit.

Told the wife about 3 weeks ago when I found out, she thinks I have a screw loose but is behind me anywho. I think she just wants to see me get whacked in the face.:D

·
King of Callaway
42,625 Posts
:hysterical: I suspect she's right about having a you having a screw loose, and I imagine she'll show up and root for your opponent :hysterical:

·
Registered
17,089 Posts
You outa train like Bobby did on "King of the Hill". Get under some carpet and have someone spray it down with water. If you can get out of wet carpet Blev, you can get out of anything.

·
White Board Man
14,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by hunter7x
definately go train with em Blev. I had the chance a few years ago to train with a good friend of mine who offered some MMA classes. I did it just for myself never had any thoughts of competing or anything like that. It was fun and will let you know real quick if its something you want to pursue or not.
In Donnies classes cardio training and strength training were seperate. this was strickly submission and striking training. A wrestling back ground was very helpful and I wasnt the only old fart in there.
I have to train with the understanding that I will give him 1 fight after that I can keep training and not fight or I can fight if I choose.

We'll see how messed up my pretty little face gets messed up the first time to decide whether to keep fighting or not.

·
Under appreciated
88,095 Posts
Do you know where yer fight would be? Midwest region or even more local than that??
It'd be fun to go watch you work somebody over. lol

·
Registered
18,246 Posts
Originally posted by blevely
Originally posted by hunter7x
I have to train with the understanding that I will give him 1 fight after that I can keep training and not fight or I can fight if I choose.

We'll see how messed up my pretty little face gets messed up the first time to decide whether to keep fighting or not.
lol I know a fighter bout your age who was into it pretty hot and heavy. Watched him fight here in a local match, he took a beating but won the fight, was off work for several weeks to heal and hasnt fought since. lol

·
White Board Man
14,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Probably Moberly or Columbia, but that's a ways off Rat

1 - 20 of 30 Posts