Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This morning was awesome out in the turkey woods. Gobblers everywhere. Personally I think missouri was very wrong about the tough season. Had tons gobbling this morning, but they went silent. Lots of running and gunning. When we finally gave up at 12:30 I went to go get trail cams and this dude was there. I had to chase him down for 40 yards. Hard for a big dude like me. Any way he was way faster and probably 300 yards away when I started calling. Had to take a shot while he was taking off cause he spooked to my safety. Longbeard xr did the trick. This bird means a lot to me cause my dad has no idea how to turkey hunt and is pretty much there for moral support. He's proud cause I taught myself. After 3 turkey seasons I had learned enough. 26lbs, 10 inch beard, and 1 inch spurs.
Phasianidae Grass Terrestrial animal Galliformes Tail
View attachment 130945 View attachment 130953

Attachments

· Registered
20,349 Posts
Since you shot em 56 mins past the official regular season time limit......

Your going to have to suffer a few deductions! j/j

Way to stick with it! Congratulations! Very cool that you were able to share it with your Dad! Strong Work ! Is the timber leafed out/greening up where your at? Couldn't imagine trying to move on a bird as open as the timber is here.... I'm thinking you earned all those deductions back! :)

· Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Since you shot em 56 mins past the official regular season time limit......

Your going to have to suffer a few deductions! j/j

Way to stick with it! Congratulations! Very cool that you were able to share it with your Dad! Strong Work ! Is the timber leafed out/greening up where your at? Couldn't imagine trying to move on a bird as open as the timber is here.... I'm thinking you earned all those deductions back! :)
The trees are still bare but the ground is all green.

· Registered
486 Posts
This morning was awesome out in the turkey woods. Gobblers everywhere. Personally I think missouri was very wrong about the tough season. Had tons gobbling this morning, but they went silent. Lots of running and gunning. When we finally gave up at 12:30 I went to go get trail cams and this dude was there. I had to chase him down for 40 yards. Hard for a big dude like me. Any way he was way faster and probably 300 yards away when I started calling. Had to take a shot while he was taking off cause he spooked to my safety. Longbeard xr did the trick. This bird means a lot to me cause my dad has no idea how to turkey hunt and is pretty much there for moral support. He's proud cause I taught myself. After 3 turkey seasons I had learned enough. 26lbs, 10 inch beard, and 1 inch spurs. View attachment 130943 View attachment 130945 View attachment 130953
Congrats On Your First Bird, and I See You Did Shoot Him In The Face, Way To Go......

8,854 Posts
Awesome job, congrats

Reactions: Rednecknick

· Registered
21,443 Posts
Good job!

Any other youth hunters in your area?

Around my place I seldom hear any shots on youth season opener.
I went out yesterday morning to listen in Cole co. Heard a lot of gobbling on neighboring property but nothing on the farm I was scouting. Was surprised that I didn't hear a boom as quiet and still as it was and as much distant gobbling as I was hearing.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.