Well I Glad Thats Over

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by oneshot 1, Oct 29, 2010.

1. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    Turkey hunted all day,dang Toms were Gobbling like it was Spring,had plenty of Hens talking at me but nothing would come in.

5:30 this evening it was like Rush Hour on Deer within 15 yards of me.

No Turkey but I sure know where I will be Monday.

oneshot
    :D The Big Grin thinks most Deer are bigger than Turkeys anyway.

2. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    SEND BIG GRIN OUT AND STAY WHERE IT IS WARM ONESHOT!

3. 1FastCam

1FastCam New Member

Nov 25, 2002
    CT
    Keep after em! Shoulda gave the big grin his peashooter.:D

4. gentleben

gentleben Active Member

Sep 9, 2010
    STL
    [rquote=1870447&tid=130216&author=oneshot 1]Turkey hunted all day,dang Toms were Gobbling like it was Spring,had plenty of Hens talking at me but nothing would come in.

oneshot
    :D The Big Grin thinks most Deer are bigger than Turkeys anyway.[/rquote]

If your luck is anything like mine, my guess would be right back here telling us about all the turkeys that paraded in front you about 5:30ish.

5. oneshot 1

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    [rquote=1870582&tid=130216&author=gentleben][rquote=1870447&tid=130216&author=oneshot 1]Turkey hunted all day,dang Toms were Gobbling like it was Spring,had plenty of Hens talking at me but nothing would come in.

oneshot
    :D The Big Grin thinks most Deer are bigger than Turkeys anyway.[/rquote]

If your luck is anything like mine, my guess would be right back here telling us about all the turkeys that paraded in front you about 5:30ish.[/rquote]

Yea that was the reason I even bought a Turkey Tag.One good thing is I think Turkey numbers are up.

oneshot
    :D The Big Grin would not pay attention to Mom and stick a Turkey.

6. gentleben

gentleben Active Member

Sep 9, 2010
    STL
    That's great to hear. Whereabouts are you located? I'm in NE Macon Co and our turkey numbers are down, down, down. We used to see hundreds and hundreds of them during deer season. I mean just stupid numbers of turkeys. 2 weeks ago, I saw the first turkey I've seen during deer season in 3 years. It's been brutal and we're talking a couple thousand acres of land and lots of pairs of eyes looking for them.

7. oneshot 1

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    [rquote=1870739&tid=130216&author=gentleben]That's great to hear. Whereabouts are you located? I'm in NE Macon Co and our turkey numbers are down, down, down. We used to see hundreds and hundreds of them during deer season. I mean just stupid numbers of turkeys. 2 weeks ago, I saw the first turkey I've seen during deer season in 3 years. It's been brutal and we're talking a couple thousand acres of land and lots of pairs of eyes looking for them.[/rquote]

I'm in NE Dallas County.

oneshot
    :D The Big Grin from Big D.