Well I Didn't Drown

Discussion in 'Fishing Gear & Tackle' started by oneshot 1, Jan 31, 2017.

1. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    Took my 12 foot Jon Boat to the river. Had my 5 HP Motor on it. Trolling Motor on it. Gas and Battery.

Got in it realized it had a Little Leak. Got in got the Motor started, ran up the river a ways. Back in as still 4 inches out of the water with Motor wide open, Front end was up. Slow it down and it leveled out. So I can put more weight in the Front.

Got it loaded all by myself. Would be easier if I could wade a little it the water.

oneshot

:D Put the Big Grin at the front.

2. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

How was the fishing?

3. Dafish

Dafish Senior Member

Nov 24, 2010
    St. Peters
    buy a gallon of Plasti-dip and paint the inside of your boat, or next time remember to put the plug in..:D

4. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Glad you are all right, be a tough deal for the first responders if you were not.... :shrug:

5. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Does the Big Grin know how to swim......and if she does know how can she perform CPR on you if you capsize?....or is it you are on your own type of situation?

6. oneshot 1

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    Oh just the Tongue would bring me around. I know I woke up one time with Dog Tongue :eek:

Mostly I would be on my own.

I didn't fish just went see how the Boat would do. Need to do some work on the Trailer. Mainly cutting the old Spindles off and welding New ones on.

oneshot

:D Hey the Big Grin gets out of the river all is good.

7. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Make sure you wear your personal floatation device.....we kind of like you around here. ;)

8. 421sd

421sd Part-time malcontent

Dec 23, 2012
    Ozarks Plateau
    Sounds like you need to adjust your trim angle if you're getting the nose up with a 5 horse.

9. Steelman

Steelman Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2009
    Just use FlexSeal.

Heck you could cut the bottom out of your boat, cover it with screen from a screen door and put FlexSeal on it and be dry as a bone.:D

I seen it on TV, it must be true!

10. mrtrailcam1

mrtrailcam1 New Member

Jun 2, 2012
    I have been swimming twice with my boat the first time my wife was with me it was her first and last ride. She is great at putting me in and out of boat ramps but she won't play.

11. DougC

DougC Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Independence
    Don't think that's gonna help!

12. 421sd

421sd Part-time malcontent

Dec 23, 2012
    Ozarks Plateau
    Sounds like you did that just right!:cheers:

13. oneshot 1

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    Yes over 300 pounds in it on the Tail end don't need much to bring it up.

oneshot
    :D If the big Grin is in Front :confused: She isn't that Big.

14. Maddog3355

Maddog3355 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2014
    Maries County
    I was up at Mark Twain lake and pulled up to a big ole boy in one of them plastic pond buddy boats with a trolling motor on it. He had a bungee cord wrapped around a tree and was jerking crappie out . I got to talking to him and he got to talking about the 50lb flatheads he catches on trotlines out of this little boat. I asked him what happens if he stands up in it? He said it will throw you every time!!!!! I guess not everybody needs a barge to fish out of.

15. huntinmo

huntinmo Active Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Jefferson County
    Glad to hear that you didn't drown .............THIS TIME! :pop:

16. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

Did you remember to put the plug in it ??

17. oneshot 1

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    Yes the Plug was in. I had the Boat in the water about Half Hour while I BS with a Guy. Looked in the Boat could see water, seen where it was leaking.

Figure I wasn't going to pull the Boat that far without checking it out, so I ran it up and down one hole.

Motor ran Good. Didn't try my Trolling Motor.

Been out in a small Pirogue never had a problem. Actually I've had this Boat out in Lakes just didn't do anything stupid other than my wife leaning over the same time as me getting a fish off a Line :eek:

oneshot

:D The Big Grins Mom said she will ride in it.

18. 4deer

4deer New Member

Jan 31, 2017
    most diffently go bigger, even a 36 inch wide isn't that stable, I would go 48 wide at least, when its to late, its to late.

19. oneshot 1

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    Well this Boat is 32 wide and I have to deal with it.

oneshot

:D The Big Grin isn't that wide.

20. huntinmo

huntinmo Active Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Jefferson County
    So, do you take your snorkel with you? :rolleyes: