Well here's the entire hunt in a nutshell.

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by seth_turner_04, Oct 30, 2010.

1. seth_turner_04

seth_turner_04 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Owensville, MO
    The pictures are in order of the events that happened. We walked to the spot, we sat down, he fell asleep like in picture #1 for about a half hour, he then shifted over slightly like in picture #2, and then a spike walked in and I woke him up to shoot it. :D

Now the more detailed version. We setup between two clay pits that I knew the deer were funneling between. We got there a little before 7. This deer came in from behind and could see us, but couldn't smell us. He circled around us at 20 yards and finally he looked away long enough for my cousin to get the gun up and blast him. I was shaking as much as him I think! It was so much fun. We are gonna take some hunter/deer pictures in a bit.

[file]144268[/file]

[file]144266[/file]

[file]144264[/file]

2. boatcaptain

boatcaptain Active Member

May 31, 2010
    ELM TREE MO
    Good thing he got a nap, work starts now. Good shooting.:claphands:

3. ymurf

ymurf Active Member

Nov 4, 2006
    Steelville, Mo.
    :claphands::claphands:

4. MOFish20

MOFish20 Science Doesn't Care What You Believe

Oct 12, 2010
    alright cousin!!! Backstraps:D

5. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Congratulations. :claphands:

6. buxNdux

buxNdux New Member

Oct 1, 2007
    KC
    that's classic, i love it :eek::.

congrats to you and your cousin, sounds like a hunt you'll remember :claphands:

7. icbigiowabucks

icbigiowabucks New Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Knoxville Iowa
    awesome just awesome, congrats to the young man, and I must say thank you for taking him out..

8. Pastor

Pastor Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Leadwood.
    looks like a great shot. congrats to you guys.

9. glennasher1

glennasher1 Active Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Radcliff, KY
    Nice lung shot, probably didn't mess up any meat, either. Good deal all the way around.:cheers:

10. SUFI57

SUFI57 Member

Oct 25, 2010
  11. dpd925

dpd925 Member

Nov 16, 2009
    nice shot. looks like he was missing the orange vest though :D

12. seth_turner_04

Dec 18, 2005
    Owensville, MO
    I admit it, he forgot it in the truck and I didn't realize it until we was already about to sit down. when we were getting ready that morning, I seen him have hold of both vest and hat so I assumed he was putting them on, but of course he had to take a whizz and ended up forgetting it on the tailgate of my truck.:toilet:

13. seth_turner_04

Dec 18, 2005
    Owensville, MO
    Heres a few more pics.

[file]144274[/file]

[file]144272[/file]

14. mofarmboy

mofarmboy Active Member

Nov 18, 2007
    central mo.
    congrats to you guys.

15. Dane-ger

Dane-ger New Member

Jan 2, 2008
    Seth obviously knows that rules and regs. He made a mistake, and I wouldve stayed put just like he did in his situation. It would be one thing for neither to have orange on, but to me they were safe. :wave:

Seth, dont you know that 99% of people on here have never broke a rule or regulation :smiley:

Nice deer :eek::

16. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    i have seen more than one adult wound one this year and not recover it on this site and if i was to count all the years i been on this site i sure would run out of fingers and toes before i came to the end of it. point is on this point, these are the future of my way of life, if a few deer must be lost to continue it so be it. it's a stinking deer. i'll give up loosin some to continue on with the tradition

as for the vest, i have noticed a lot of people have done stuff wrong before. i thought i did something wrong once but i was mistaking.

17. Satch

Satch Senior Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Central MO
    During the urban hunt I packed all our stuff up and we drove out to the farm. Tore the truck up looking for my vest. Wound up finding an old orange life jacket and wore it.

Found the vest in the drive when we got home. I dropped it.

COngrats on the deerl.