well dang, a mature nice big 6pt on cam

Discussion in 'Trail Cam Photos & Pics from the stand' started by ryanlowe02, Oct 26, 2010.

1. ryanlowe02

ryanlowe02 Sexual Intellectual

Aug 11, 2007
    Raymore, MO
  2. BowHunterKc

BowHunterKc New Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Kansas City, MO
    yeah i think thats about all he is going to get, maybe alittle better but not much. Good management buck!

3. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    and that is why Antler restrictions are a bad idea. HIs bad genetics are only going to get past on to more deer.

Good news is he is proly 4.5 years old so he only has 6 years more of breeding left in him.

4. boatcaptain

boatcaptain Active Member

May 31, 2010
    ELM TREE MO
    Shoot him, Break off one of the tips and glue it on one side and make him an 4 point on one side leagle deer. He will always be a big 6 get him out of the genpool.:pop::toilet::rof2: Really Nice 6 long tines.:eek::

5. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Get a youth hunter out there this weekend and take him out :2thumbsup:

6. WashmoBilly

WashmoBilly Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Columbia MO
    I doubt it... I had one of those come within 20 yards of my blind during gun season last year... One of my buddies was hunting with me for his first time out. He really wanted to shoot it and I said he wasn't legal. Found out later that day that our farm in NE Franklin county isn't in the antler point restriction... Made me feel stupid because I had never noticed that it extended that far West.

The deer had to be old, he was all gray in the face with saggy eyes and an extremely swayed back... Would have been a great first deer for my friend:mad2:

7. leasburg

leasburg Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2007
    South County MO
    [rquote=1864690&tid=129844&author=Longbow26] and that is why Antler restrictions are a bad idea.

so the hundreds of deer getting free pass's because of antler restriction is a bad idea? Hoe often does a 4.5 6 point walk by? I say Risk reward ratio on antler restriction is well worth letting a few 6 points walk

8. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    he will get some downhill age on him and get some stickers:D

9. CLIFFHANGER

CLIFFHANGER Active Member

[rquote=1864791&tid=129844&author=MoBowman]Get a youth hunter out there this weekend and take him out :2thumbsup:[/rquote]

X2
    :2thumbsup: Thats what I was thinking :thinking:

10. leasburg

leasburg Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2007
    South County MO
    [rquote=1864886&tid=129844&author=leasburg][rquote=1864690&tid=129844&author=Longbow26] and that is why Antler restrictions are a bad idea.

so the hundreds of deer getting free pass's because of antler restriction is a bad idea? Hoe often does a 4.5 6 point walk by? I say Risk reward ratio on antler restriction is well worth letting a few 6 points walk[/rquote]

11. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    [rquote=1864887&tid=129844&author=coyotehunter]he will get some downhill age on him and get some stickers:D[/rquote]

Yep, or someone that can't count will shoot him.....:whistle:

12. Wings Fan 19

Wings Fan 19 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Kansas City, MO.
    [rquote=1865004&tid=129844&author=callaojoe][rquote=1864887&tid=129844&author=coyotehunter]he will get some downhill age on him and get some stickers:D[/rquote]

Yep, or someone that can't count will shoot him.....:whistle:[/rquote]
    First someone's wanting to be the spellin' police here and NOW ya wanna start pickin on those who can't count? :whistle:

13. ryanlowe02

Aug 11, 2007
    Raymore, MO
    had a youth hunter lined up but soccer game and football game and halloween its not going to work out like we had hoped......

14. 20 feet high

20 feet high CROSSBOW HATER!

Feb 19, 2009
    [rquote=1864886&tid=129844&author=leasburg][rquote=1864690&tid=129844&author=Longbow26] and that is why Antler restrictions are a bad idea.

so the hundreds of deer getting free pass's because of antler restriction is a bad idea? Hoe often does a 4.5 6 point walk by? I say Risk reward ratio on antler restriction is well worth letting a few 6 points walk[/rquote]

for starters I see no sway in his back and no sag in the belly to suggest he would be more than 3.5. he will definitely grow bigger!

so let me understand, go back to killing 80% 1.5 year old bucks so a very very small nuber of 6 pt can be killed:stickfight:

15. shootmodoe

shootmodoe New Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Mo-Kan line
    My theory is if you shoot more does early in the season the more inferior bucks (hopfully including him) won't have as good of a chance to spread their genes. I also read not too long ago that studies are showing that culling bucks isn't as effective as we've always thought. :02:

16. dodge

dodge Active Member

Oct 8, 2010
    cedar hill, mo
    This is why we dont need antler restrictions:cheers:

17. ryanlowe02

Aug 11, 2007
    Raymore, MO
    I will have to check but i think i have a pic of this guy from last year.......

18. Bowhunter4life

Bowhunter4life New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    does anyone realize that the doe plays a large role in gentics also:wave:

19. Gutpile

Gutpile Cooler Semi-Elitist

Aug 22, 2003
    St. Charles
    The AR's can be a drag at times, but not because of the OCCASIONAL 'big six'. IMHO they aren't common enough to justify as a legit argument against AR's.

This past weekend my son and I were hunting in Lincoln County MO on MDC land. He had a little forky come in on him and had to let him walk. He wished that he could have shot him, but he was all worked up and shaking after the encounter all the same. Just how it goes. I certainly don't loose any sleep over it.