Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the Kansas City area and am looking for a good field breeder of Weimaraners. If any one would know of one or where I could find one I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
our neighbor has one he is giving away, no papers that I know of as he pretty much abondened it and we have been feeding it for the past 2 weeks. he came by yesterday to get more stuff and he said do what you want with them:mad: anyway a large male, aprox 10mnths old.
we are about 2.5 hours west of ya.

·
Registered
21,191 Posts
Please if you can, get the one that has been abandon!!! They are great pets and great to work with! He is still young enough to teach and will be a great addition to the the family! Chuck88 if you cannot find someone to take that pup please let me know and I will see if I can get you in touch with someone that would take him.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Clansey has one too. You may want to U2U him and see where he got his.

I'd like to see that one over at chuck's go to a good home too though....they're good dogs.

Parker

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for moving this for me Cfrazee!!! Well, we had our heart set on a Weim and all I had left to do was find a trainer and a dog. I called one of my dad's good friends who trains, breed's and also has a kennel for dogs to talk to him about training a weim for me. Keep in mind he has no dogs for sale now. He had nothing but negative things to say about the weim. Like how they are very prone to disease, hyper, and they are hit or miss when it comes to being a good hunting dog. He also said they are not good in a kennel and if they get bored or unhappy they will destroy our house. Keep in mind this is someone I trust when it comes to dog's so I have no idea what I want to do now, I'm back to square one. What are some of your experiences with these dogs, good or bad?

Chuck88 I know here in Kansas City there is a Weim rescue program that you could take that Weim to and they would find a good home for it. Thanks for all the help and any further advice!!

·
Registered
21,191 Posts
I love my Weim! He is a very well manored well behaved dog. Great with other dogs, peeople, children, and in the field!

I would recommend this dog to anyone! I did hours and hours or research on dogs before landing with this one. Glad I did the research and glad I ended up with a weim.

Diesel is not hyper at all. He was the first year and a half, but that is a puppy! You have to get pasted the puppy stage with all dogs. He was very easy to house train and anyting else I have trained him to do.

Again this is my experience and opinion.

·
White Board Man
14,380 Posts
Hey chuck88, if you can't find someone local you can try Terry Adams over at Pheasant Run Kennels in Council Grove,KS, he mostly deals in shorthairs but does work with weimies and might take him or know of someone that wants one.

We had a weimie while in KS, wife got him for me . Loved that dog, was a bit rambunctious when you left him alone for very long, very affectionate and loving. Sadly when we moved to back to Michigan we didn't have enough room for him to play so I gave him to a close freind with alot of land for him to play on.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Crystal, We have also done many many hours of research and had finally decided this is the type of dog for us, we may still end up with a weim. Did you have any further information from where you got yours (phone number)? My girlfriend wants a 8 week old puppy so we are trying to find one that age. I had heard that they are very well mannered dogs and also good at hunting, that is why we originally chose this breed. Is your dog good at both pointing and retrieving? Thanks for all the help guys!!

·
Registered
21,191 Posts
(816) 496-3772 That is her number.

Blev it is not sad that you gave him to your firend. It is wonderful that you cared enough to do that!

He is great at pointing! He does have a moment everyonce in a while with retreiving! Nothing big make your point to him and he will do it.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks, I will definately give them a call. Thanks for all your help. I will be sure to post some pics when we get the new pup no matter what breed it is!! Thanks again,
Jason

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
I grew up with a Weim and they are very gentle dogs for their size. We had a male and was just awesome in the field and at home. Indoor dog that had a knack for finding quail. Best thing about the Weim is like I said gentle, and a very dedicated animal and very protective of it's owner.

·
White Board Man
14,380 Posts
Originally posted by cfrazee_mo

Blev it is not sad that you gave him to your firend. It is wonderful that you cared enough to do that!

Na not sad I gave him to a friend, but sad I couldn't keep him, the whole family loved him.

·
Registered
11,384 Posts
I also had a Weim growing up. He was by far the best dog I ever had. He pointed, retrieved, and swam. He was a house dog and very protective. He was my buddy and we learned to hunt together. I have a lot of great memories.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
I too have a weim he's a 100lbs of energy but a great dog I am currently training him to track blood. It's slow going because he dosen't want to concentrate he just wants to play all time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts