Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are you guys weighing your birds since there is no weigh-in due to tele-check? Anyone using one of those digital read out fish scales? I haven't found one that weighs over 15lbs. Of course there's always the stand on the scale with bird and without, and calculated the difference, but I don't think that is all that accurate.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Originally posted by Hotrod
Kc I use one of those digital fish scales mine goes up to 50lbs got it at Bass Pro I think it cost $19.00. But I was in Wal-mart the other day and they have the sameone there to.
I think that we may have the same one! Worked well this morning! :dancin:

·
5,631 Posts
We did the stand on the scale without and then with the bird. Of course....I had to get one of my skinny friends to do it for me since I maxed out the scale with the bird!! :hysterical:

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
I did the stand on the scale thing too & it worked. I also still take mine past the sporting goods store that use to check them in. They weight it for me then cut off the head, wings & fan for a local taxidermist. I get $6 out of the parts.

·
19,585 Posts
Berkley FS-50 Digital Scale

Features:

Weighs up to 50 lbs (pounds & ounces and kilograms)

Includes tare feature to weigh multiple fish

Uses two batteries type CR2032 (included)

Auto-off feature provides maximum battery life

Stores up to 10 weights in memory

Provides averages and combined weight totals

Water resistant construction

·
Under appreciated
92,881 Posts
For fish, anyway, I heard that those high-capacity scales arent as accurate at lower weights.

Anyone else hear this? I got one that only weighs 10#.. had it for years and its still pretty dang close.

·
Under appreciated
92,881 Posts
Originally posted by Chairman
Originally posted by rat

I heard that those high-capacity scales arent as accurate at lower weights.
Then don't kill small turkey's & don't catch small fish! :hysterical:

(Sorry ~ just had to say it...)
Well, thats me!! lol

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
i am looking for one of those scale they the check in stations used to use but no luck yet

found one like it only up to 440 lbs mostly for deer not small enough for turkeys

so for now i just run by the old country store were they used to check birds and ask the little lady really nice if i can grab the scale to weight my bird they still have theres hanging in back

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
Originally posted by cfrazee_mo
I have a scale in the butsher shop! Took him in and layed him on it!
Where's the butsher shop?
:neuspeuter:

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,486 Posts
Originally posted by Hayzer
Originally posted by cfrazee_mo
I have a scale in the butsher shop! Took him in and layed him on it!
Where's the butsher shop?
:neuspeuter:
:eek: I've been there, but I swore to not tell anyone where it was! :eek: It was dark in there! :eek:

Parker

·
Registered
21,512 Posts
Originally posted by jmmcguire
We did the stand on the scale without and then with the bird. Of course....I had to get one of my skinny friends to do it for me since I maxed out the scale with the bird!! :hysterical:
I did that to.I know that bird had to weigh 60 pounds,no way I'm that heavy:roll2:

oneshot
:D The Big Grin thinks your funny.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.